Recommend Me A Movie Topic

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I LOVE The Player (1992), Tim Robbins was great. Watched it maybe once but it stuck.

Vader182 wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:I love individual scenes. Not the whole.
It's the closest Altman's gone to 80s De Palma and I mean that in the most loving way possible.

-Vader
I don't quite see it. But if that's the case I'm more interested in dyed-in-the-wool Altman films, I guess.

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Vader182 wrote:
ArmandFancypants wrote:I love individual scenes. Not the whole.
It's the closest Altman's gone to 80s De Palma and I mean that in the most loving way possible.

-Vader
I don't quite see it. But if that's the case I'm more interested in dyed-in-the-wool Altman films, I guess.
Camp B thriller posing as one thing and slowly unraveling as another, using aesthetic choices of high-brow cinema as a self-reflexive in-jokes for the literate while making some kind of broader point. Blow Out, Body Double, Dressed to Kill all the way.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Blow Out
Now that I think about it, Blow Out might be my favorite De Palma - and I was always a Carrie guy because I appreciate horror when it's actually, you know, so much more than horror as the majority perceives it nowadays.

I miss those types of 80s genre movies - showing one thing, in a pulpy sort of way, talking something else. Watch It Follows if you haven't, much better than The Babadook in my opinion. Almost Vangelis-like soundtrack and really hits the right notes with the sort of message it generates by the end (and way above the simple 'STD' I believe).

Vader182 wrote:Camp B thriller posing as one thing and slowly unraveling as another, using aesthetic choices of high-brow cinema as a self-reflexive in-jokes for the literate while making some kind of broader point. Blow Out, Body Double, Dressed to Kill all the way.

-Vader
Or Images, perhaps.

okay 3 Women was great! So fuckin surreal and bizzare. In regards to The Player, I don't think it's one of his best (that i've seen) but ya Vader nailed it. The ending lands the two styles/tones melding together perfectly. And that fake Bruce Willis/Julia Roberts movie is gold.

Is the movie Faults any good?

Hi Guys, This is great place to chit chat about movies and all that. Even born in non english country i'm crazy for hollywood movies. The most enjoyed movies for me are Inception, The Shutter Island, Catch me if you can, Sword Fish, The Usual suspects,, The Game. What are your favorite mystery movies you enjoy tell me i would love to know.

You should watch Zodiac, Vertigo, Chinatown, and Double Indemnity