Recommend Me A Movie Topic

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:I should really get around to watching Stalker. Is it that good?

-Vader
It really is. Its eerie and intense and filled with enormous themes that haunt you long after the movie is finished.

I bet vader will find it utterly boring. And of course pretentious!

tykjen wrote:I bet vader will find it utterly boring. And of course pretentious!
I imagine he'll find some pretentious aspect of it. That's just what Vader does.

Anyone seen the 3 colors trilogy? They have the set at my video store and i'm intrigued.

solo2001 wrote:
tykjen wrote:I bet vader will find it utterly boring. And of course pretentious!
I imagine he'll find some pretentious aspect of it. That's just what Vader does.

Anyone seen the 3 colors trilogy? They have the set at my video store and i'm intrigued.
I've seen them.

First one is very good, second one is good, third one is great. So, watch them :)

Alberto wrote:
solo2001 wrote: I imagine he'll find some pretentious aspect of it. That's just what Vader does.

I've seen them.

First one is very good, second one is good, third one is great. So, watch them :)

I agree with Alberto, although I like the first just a bit more than the third one.

theweatherman wrote:
Alberto wrote:
I've seen them.

I agree with Alberto, although I like the first just a bit more than the third one.
I kinda like those two the same, but the last scene in the third one is genius. So I chose that one :)

Alberto wrote:
theweatherman wrote:

I kinda like those two the same, but the last scene in the third one is genius. So I chose that one :)
Really because I felt like that scene was tacked on and contrived, I was disappointed he went in that direction with the ending.

theweatherman wrote:
Alberto wrote:
Really because I felt like that scene was tacked on and contrived, I was disappointed he went in that direction with the ending.
I don't know. I liked it :-D

I've been meaning to get around to the three colors films.

Also, I doubt I'd find it boring, I adore films with deliberate pacing assuming the atmosphere is appropriate. Considering I worship Kubrick and really loved Solaris, I doubt that'll be a problem. My thing about pretentiousness is that it can often be justified if that pretentiousness actually aids the watcher's experience, as 2001 does. Kind of like how House gets away with being an arrogant ass since he's always right, only with movies, an when I feel that doesn't happen, it just becomes a huge flaw of the film.

Also, we're watching Che in my Spanish course, is it good?

-Vader

Recommend me a brilliant movie. Now.