What was the last movie you've watched? II

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Melancholia

Wow...

Nolan4Life wrote:Melancholia

Wow...
Stop using imdb.I cant see the damn posters :problem:
And WOW in a good or a bad way?

Mr. Caine wrote:Stop using imdb.I cant see the damn posters :problem:
And WOW in a good or a bad way?
The site i watched it on used the poster, my bad.

Wow in a good way. Part II especially.

An often overlooked gem of a film by David Fincher. Zodiac is based on the true story of the Zodiac killings of San Francisco in the 1960s and 70s. It's not your typical crime thriller, it's more procedural. Rather than focus on the Zodiac killer the film is more focused on the characters lives and how the murders have effected them over the years. The film is slow paced but never dull for a moment. Plus the digital cinematography is absolutely brilliant. My personal favourite David Fincher film along with Se7ven.

9/10

IBelieveInBruceWayne wrote:An often overlooked gem of a film by David Fincher. Zodiac is based on the true story of the Zodiac killings of San Francisco in the 1960s and 70s. It's not your typical crime thriller, it's more procedural. Rather than focus on the Zodiac killer the film is more focused on the characters lives and how the murders have effected them over the years. The film is slow paced but never dull for a moment. Plus the digital cinematography is absolutely brilliant. My personal favourite David Fincher film along with Se7ven.

9/10
God I love that poster! Reminds me of closed eyelids.

8/10

A breath of fresh air. This Britt Marling is gonna be a heavy hitter here pretty soon.

Fantastic Mr. Fox
9/10

Re-watched this after I received it on Blu ray as a Christmas present. I really do love this film and that was even more evident from my 4th viewing of it, now I I'm not a huge fan of animated films, but this is an exception because to me it's more than an animated film, it's a visually stunning, lovely film with tons of heart.

I thought all the voices were cast perfectly, Clooney more than excelled as the charisma filled Mr. Fox and was an inspired choice. I think my favourite character is Ash voiced by Jason Schwartzman, I just thought his voice suited Ash as a character perfectly. All the cast did a wonderful job with bringing their interpretations to the characters they played. I'd also like to add that you just can't beat stop-motion animation, and it works especially well with bringing the books that Roald Dahl wrote to life, whilst at the same time adding something fresh and unique.

mchekhov wrote:TGWTDT

4/5

There are flaws in the film. It drags in parts and the ending felt a bit too lOng trying to cover to much. Harriet's murder answers somehow weren't executed properly it didn't feel like a powerful moment, underwhelming....but maybe that was an intentional choice, because the story had become about something else at that point. Overall, the movie is still very powerful to earn a high score.

Camera work and direction was amazing. Should be a top contender for cinematography and best director

Skarsgaard should be up for best supporting

and I figured out the difference between Reznor and Zimmer....Reznor's score tells the atmosphere...Zimmer's score tells the story
Fair to assume you were not incredibly impressed by Mara by failing to mention her and mentioning Skarsgard? Also how was Craig?

Allstar wrote:
mchekhov wrote:TGWTDT

4/5

There are flaws in the film. It drags in parts and the ending felt a bit too lOng trying to cover to much. Harriet's murder answers somehow weren't executed properly it didn't feel like a powerful moment, underwhelming....but maybe that was an intentional choice, because the story had become about something else at that point. Overall, the movie is still very powerful to earn a high score.

Camera work and direction was amazing. Should be a top contender for cinematography and best director

Skarsgaard should be up for best supporting

and I figured out the difference between Reznor and Zimmer....Reznor's score tells the atmosphere...Zimmer's score tells the story
Fair to assume you were not incredibly impressed by Mara by failing to mention her and mentioning Skarsgard? Also how was Craig?

fincher is an expert at drawing out nuanced performances from all his actors, through the use of multiple takes

i was impressed by mara's characterization but not so much her acting. Craig was very nuanced.

Plummer and Skarsgaard were the most impressive acting wise. I loved how Plummer hugged at the end..the way his arms wrapped around was very feminine

mchekhov wrote:
i was impressed by mara's characterization but not so much her acting

Plummer and Skarsgaard were the most impressive acting wise.

Couldn't agree more. Mara wasn't as impressive as I had hoped. Skarsgaard stole the show.