What was the last movie you've watched? II

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The Third Man - 8.8/10

Alberto wrote:The Third Man - 8.8/10
Far better than Double Indemnity, I think.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
Haven't seen it yet, but it's on my list :)

Vader182 wrote:

-Vader
+1
hell yeah

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
6/10

I'm having a group of 10 or 11 over tonight for Memento, and the vast majority of them haven't seen it prior.

This is going to be fun.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:I'm having a group of 10 or 11 over tonight for Memento, and the vast majority of them haven't seen it prior.

This is going to be fun.

-Vader
Its amazing how much the viewing is improved when you watch it with noobs.

theweatherman wrote:
Vader182 wrote:I'm having a group of 10 or 11 over tonight for Memento, and the vast majority of them haven't seen it prior.

This is going to be fun.

-Vader
Its amazing how much the viewing is improved when you watch it with noobs.
:lol:

I agree.

mastervirgo wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:Or you could average the two ratings out and not appear like you have some kind of OCD.
Why should I average them when they base on different things. If I think a performance is great doesn't mean that I have to love that actor and his role.
Vader told me last night that you don't love Oldboy but you agree it's great. so do you?
And because of that it scored in the high 80's as opposed to the 90's... film is art, and art is subjective. If you don't inject any subjectivity into your rating at all, that is, I'm sorry, fucking retarded. Have a certain percentage of the score make up for enjoyment (for me it's 10%...) and factor it in...

Unless you want to continue to give off signs of someone with OCD.

Crazy Eight wrote:
mastervirgo wrote: Why should I average them when they base on different things. If I think a performance is great doesn't mean that I have to love that actor and his role.
Vader told me last night that you don't love Oldboy but you agree it's great. so do you?
And because of that it scored in the high 80's as opposed to the 90's... film is art, and art is subjective. If you don't inject any subjectivity into your rating at all, that is, I'm sorry, f***ing retarded. Have a certain percentage of the score make up for enjoyment (for me it's 10%...) and factor it in...

Unless you want to continue to give off signs of someone with OCD.
There's nothing extreme in saying "this guy did a great job as an actor here but I can't stand him"... :facepalm: Therefore he thinks the guy did a great job but because of his personal dislike towards him he didn't found the movie enjoyable...

What's so fu**ing retarded about that? It makes complete sense... :| I think that's what he wanted to say...

I have a friend who can't stand Christian Bale, yet he admitted that he is the best actor in his generation but he just can't stand him... and that affects any movie with Bale for him... but he has the brains to admit that he is great. :roll: