Les Misérables (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ruth wrote:
m4st4 wrote:I've seen Hathaway's scene yesterday for the third time, completely out of context, and I was devastated - that's how emotional it was, such honest performance.
I agree. Her performance was shorter than I thought it would be, but she was completely devoted to her character from the first moments I saw her. It was like quantity versus quality and, of course, quality won.
Yeah...and then she left. :( I think it's safe to call her a scene stealing supporting role, but Jackman did great as well, he owned the rest of the movie (AND, particularly, his prisoner sequence).

m4st4 wrote:
Ruth wrote: I agree. Her performance was shorter than I thought it would be, but she was completely devoted to her character from the first moments I saw her. It was like quantity versus quality and, of course, quality won.
Yeah...and then she left. :( I think it's safe to call her a scene stealing supporting role, but Jackman did great as well, he owned the rest of the movie (AND, particularly, his prisoner sequence).
Jackman was great, yeah, his singing was a bit uncomfortable to listen at some points, but after all, I really enjoyed his performance.

Also I was amazed by other supporting actors. Never really heard about any of them until after I saw the film, but they were all amazing.

I guess you can easily mock Crowe's voice, but he was very good for someone who isn't really well-known for music (Yes, I know he was in a band). I'm just glad he didn't end up being like Pierce Brosnan in Mamma Mia, who actually knew he was awful.
Last edited by BlairCo on January 24th, 2013, 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Look, we know the singing was all done live on camera, it wasn't prerecorded, which means it more closely resembled the characters' emotions in each scene.

I don't really take these criticisms of Crowe's singing with much value, because his performance actually represented the character and projected his inner thoughts very well. I don't think the intention was to make the singing sound like it was recorded perfectly in a studio. So even if Crowe's singing isn't perfect, it fits the context, it helps accomplish what the film sets out to do.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Forum Pro
Law
Cilogy wrote:Image

they're still all miserable people... :lol:

Good find. Where did you find this ?

I had a dream this movie would be so different from this hell I'm watching!!!!!!!!!!!