The Hunger Games (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Baconboy wrote:
cooldued wrote:
It's extremely rare to see any studio willing to show so little before the release a blockbuster. I applaud Liongate for that.
As do I.
Don't you hate it when trailers give away so much of the plot and show you scenes from the final act of the movie!?!?!? Almost ruins the experience sometimes.

MSUspartans2211 wrote:
Baconboy wrote: As do I.
Don't you hate it when trailers give away so much of the plot and show you scenes from the final act of the movie!?!?!? Almost ruins the experience sometimes.
Yeah it feels like you watched the film before the release date.

More HD stills:

Some Characters
President Snow
Peeta Mellark - check out the flames on his sleeves
Katniss Everdeen in District 12
Rue in training centre
Closer look at costume and setting
I'm really happy that none of the arena action is shown in any of the trailers. All you really need to see is the Reaping (which is my favourite, because that is what got me hooked in the book) and it's perfect from what we've seen so far.

Other Hunger Games news- Josh Hutcherson will be appearing on Ellen and Jimmy Kimmel today. Although it is to promote Journey 2, there's no ignoring his involvement in THG.

Hutcherson looks kinda....flamboyant...

cooldued wrote:
MSUspartans2211 wrote:
Yeah it feels like you watched the film before the release date.
Which is good in cases when you want to save some money :-D Yeah, but the truth is that actually couldn't get any worse when your highly anticipated movie is ruined by some shitty trailer :neutral:

So the runtime is gonna be 142 minutes. :-D
That's longer than Harry Potter DH2

The costumes and production design are kind of awful. Hopefully they'll come across better in the film...

I like the fact that a lot of the sets and locations feel very real. The environments are naturalistic or grounded. Obviously some master shots have to resort to large amounts of computer graphics.

The costumes and make-up of some of the capital stuff is a bit over-the-top, but I have a feeling it might work well. Or it could just be really bad.

I don't even know anymore.

this is the nearest film coming out that I'm looking forward to the most.

New TV spot (which appeared during Survivor apparently) shows new footage from training centre

this seems to be the only video of it.