Battlefield 3 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC) Official Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Battlefield, although the ultimately better game imo, will not beat COD in terms of sales (unless COD utterly completes its path of downfall with the next game). Battlefield is just not generic enough. Not that COD doesn't require skill. It just requires a type of skill that's easier to want to obtain. Even with the hit registration in BC2 which was the best out of all battlefield games people still can't get used to it and enjoy all the other fresh sets of goodies that the games has to offer. That and the confusing (but prefferable) scale of the battlefield franchise make the COD franchise so much more easy to swallow and unless mw3 is even more disappointing I doubt it'll get a lesser number of bought copies than battlefield. Even if they crack the COD multiplayer again.

I haven't played this since quite a few years back with Battlefield 2, which was really badass. Maybe I'll check this out.

Vader182 wrote:I haven't played this since quite a few years back with Battlefield 2, which was really badass. Maybe I'll check this out.
It's not too late to get BC2 and play it till B3. It's such an overwhelming blast of epicness and I'm serious.

RomanM wrote:Battlefield doesn't compete with COD it survives next to COD...
That's like saying The Prestige survives next to Transformers to be quite frank.

prince0gotham wrote:
RomanM wrote:Battlefield doesn't compete with COD it survives next to COD...
That's like saying The Prestige survives next to Transformers to be quite frank.
Whatever. People buy COD, they play COD more than any other console shooter. They enjoy the experience. It has no sales competition.

It's just not surviving. Halo reach, BLOPS and BC2 were the top last year and still are and even while BC2 is third we just can't talk about surviving. Not to mention about quality.

Call Of Duty are like the Bay films. If that makes sense. I for one find them hollow and boring. I can't play it online to save my life.

Once you play BF online Call Of Duty is just boring as hell. I can't blow up building or jump out of choppers or really do anything other then die after 10 seconds. You die way too much in that game. It's just alot of retards with no imagination. hahaha no offense if you like the game tho :D
Say Girl

Redsmile wrote:Call Of Duty are like the Bay films. If that makes sense. I for one find them hollow and boring. I can't play it online to save my life.

Once you play BF online Call Of Duty is just boring as hell. I can't blow up building or jump out of choppers or really do anything other then die after 10 seconds. You die way too much in that game. It's just alot of retards with no imagination. hahaha no offense if you like the game tho :D
Well there you go. You're not good at it, so the game must be problem :roll: . Classic COD hater speak. Right with the "It takes no skill" If that were the case anyone would be good at it. It's a twitch shooter, all about reflexes, and knowledge of the maps. It requires a different kind of tactics to excel at the game. I can appreciate it's still of play, even though I prefer the Halo style of MP combat. I'm still proficient in COD system, though MW2 was broken as all hell.

BC2 is a very solid game in its own right, but it certainly ain't for everyone. I for one don't feel the shooting is visceral enough and the hokey implementation of weapon inertia still bothers me. It also doesn't cater to my very Halo/COD "superstar" style of play. It's a true team oriented shooter. I'm probably going to pick up BF3, because it looks amazing so far. Would love to see how it's fairing on consoles though.

I didn't say it didn't take skill at Call Of Duty cuz I'm not very good at it....tho I'm sure if I played it alot I would get pretty good at it. I have only played it a handfull of times. I watched someone else who played it and claimed to be really good. He would rack up kills but he died so damn fast. It did not look fun to me at all..
Say Girl

Yes you die fast, but you don't have to die often. All about player skill. Again I can appreciate this style and the Halo style where it takes three headshots with the standard rifle to down an opponent.