50/50 (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The now official title for the Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen dramedy.
Release Date Officially set to September 30th
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118032528

Director- Jonathan Levine

Cast- Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Seth Rogen
Anna Kendrick
Bryce Dallas Howard
Angelica Huston
Phillip Baker Hall

Plot-A comedic account of a 27-year-old guy's cancer diagnosis, and his subsequent struggle to beat the disease.

I am hoping this will be a fun comedy with some good dramatic and emotional moments due to the subject matter.

Funny People, take two! *SLATE*

RomanM wrote:Funny People, take two! *SLATE*
Completely different actually.

Sure it is lol. But hey, at least the cast is better this time around.

RomanM wrote:Sure it is lol. But hey, at least the cast is better this time around.
It is actually. This film is about a young everyday guy's struggle to beat this disease. Where as in Funny People it is about a rich comedian who yes gets a terminal illness but you do not see him struggle at all, and halfway through the film he is suddenly better without seeing him struggle what so ever. This movie is about is completely about a guy trying to beat his disease and his relationship with his family and friends along the way.

allstarr55js wrote:
RomanM wrote:Sure it is lol. But hey, at least the cast is better this time around.
It is actually. This film is about a young everyday guy's struggle to beat this disease. Where as in Funny People it is about a rich comedian who yes gets a terminal illness but you do not see him struggle at all, and halfway through the film he is suddenly better without seeing him struggle what so ever. This movie is about is completely about a guy trying to beat his disease and his relationship with his family and friends along the way.
+1 Roman is still bitter about that old argument you had with him. :lol:

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
allstarr55js wrote:
+1 Roman is still bitter about that old argument you had with him. :lol:
Your trolling skills need work. How much is Allstar paying you to be his forum butt buddy? I guess if you can't beat em join em. He's certainly tossed you around enough times.

Allstar: It's a dramedy about a guy with cancer, featuring Seth Rogen. Sarcasm obviously defeats you. But many things do so it's not a big deal.

RomanM wrote:Your trolling skills need work. How much is Allstar paying you to be his forum butt buddy? I guess if you can't beat em join em. He's certainly tossed you around enough times.

Allstar: It's a dramedy about a guy with cancer, featuring Seth Rogen. Sarcasm obviously defeats you. But many things do so it's not a big deal.
It's true ever since you got in that one huge argument with him you have constantly went out of your way to disagree with him. I'm not trolling it's just pretty obvious.

Oh so you get proved wrong so then you blame it on sarcasm, which like everyone on this forum says is so easily detectable on the internet. :roll:

I don't go out of my way to disagree with him. He has no sense of humor and our tastes are not very similar. Of course my taste is better than his. :D
he'll probably respond with some really asinine comment, not getting that I'm only fucking with him with that last bit
LMFAO How is it not obvious I'm being sarcastic?!

I referenced a Rogen film with a somewhat similar plot point and wrote take two and slate. Are you kidding me? Your sense of humor is in the negative on a scale from 1-10.