The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
4N Legend wrote:For those that saw it, what is your take on the
"rape" scene?

I put it in quotes because there's a huge internet debate on whether or not it was rape.
wtf?
you mean when Leo's character has sex w/his wife? (for the last time)

4N Legend wrote:For those that saw it, what is your take on the
"rape" scene?

I put it in quotes because there's a huge internet debate on whether or not it was rape.
lmao!

What rape? Like... What the actual fuck, there was no rape, and for pretty obvious reasons. :roll:

m4st4 wrote:What rape? Like... What the actual fuck, there was no rape, and for pretty obvious reasons. :roll:
he was having sex with her as she was telling him not to have sex with her, pretty darn rapey i must say

not sure why people are saying "WHY IS NO ONE DISCUSSING THIS??" tho. he's a scumbag, it was in his character. should it not have been there?
Last edited by Disney+'s solo2001 on December 31st, 2013, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
m4st4 wrote:What rape? Like... What the actual fuck, there was no rape, and for pretty obvious reasons. :roll:
he was having sex with her as she was telling him not to have sex with her, pretty darn rapey i must say
Erm... no. He was having sex with her because she gave him (the scene is in medias res, or vagina)... then decided maybe she doesn't love him anymore so he should stop... but then switched back to okay, fuck me one last time but that's it. There was no rape whatsoever, they are husband and wife in a wrecked marriage at the end of their time.
Let's talk about domestic violence, lol.

m4st4 wrote:
mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
Erm... no. He was having sex with her because she gave him (the scene is in medias res, or vagina)... then decided maybe she doesn't love him anymore so he should stop... but then switched back to okay, fuck me one last time but that's it. There was no rape whatsoever, they are husband and wife in a wrecked marriage at the end of their time.
Let's talk about domestic violence, lol.
but again there was an extended period where she changed her mind and jordan continued to fuck her. it's just straight-up the definition of what rape is

what a fun topic this is

But even if it is, by definition, question remains - why is it a topic, what's there to talk about?
He hits her, twice, afterwards.
He is not a saint, Scorsese managed to show it in detail - snort by snort, two hours beforehand.

i concurr

It might not be quite reach the heights of Scorsese's masterpieces, but its remarkably spry and the most audacious film of the year, with DiCaprio once again King of the World. A-

My full review is here: http://wp.me/p1oNyz-ny