The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ok dammit...didn't make it to see this last night, but am going this afternoon, forbidding any crazy intervention.

This shit is hilarious-

Marty rises.

Just got back...quick thoughts:

What a ride that only the master Scorsese could have taken us on. The excessiveness of the film is only exceeded by the exploits of Belfort himself. This films holds a strong message and indictment of the 90s lifestyle that still manifests itself today: the American dream isn't about making it and living a happy, normal life. It is instead our deepest desires to be rich, and when we think we have enough, we need more, and more. This is illustrated to perfection though the eyes of Scorsese and the fantastic performance by Dicaprio.

Another great 2013 film, and my year end list is really starting to take form now. Still looking forward to seeing Her, The Act of Killing, and Inside Llewyn Davis.

Skyab23 wrote:Just got back...quick thoughts:

What a ride that only the master Scorsese could have taken us on. The excessiveness of the film is only exceeded by the exploits of Belfort himself. This films holds a strong message and indictment of the 90s lifestyle that still manifests itself today: the American dream isn't about making it and living a happy, normal life. It is instead our deepest desires to be rich, and when we think we have enough, we need more, and more. This is illustrated to perfection though the eyes of Scorsese and the fantastic performance by Dicaprio.

Another great 2013 film, and my year end list is really starting to take form now. Still looking forward to seeing Her, The Act of Killing, and Inside Llewyn Davis.
Thoughts on Jonah Hill and how this compares to American Hustle?

Forum Pro
Law
Anyone got the shot of Talli yet?

Law wrote:Anyone got the shot of Talli yet?
Solo just posted it above.

Forum Pro
Law
Thedarknight628 wrote:
Law wrote:Anyone got the shot of Talli yet?
Solo just posted it above.
fuck my bad

Allstar wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:Just got back...quick thoughts:

Thoughts on Jonah Hill and how this compares to American Hustle?
I love me some David O. Russell and I liked American Hustle, but Scorsese is on another level. Just the way he directs the camera and how the movie has such fluidity just like the Scorsese classics we've grown to love. It doesn't help define a genre like Goodfellas, but as far as directing goes, it's a home-run by Scorsese. It's probably the best directed film I've seen all year.

Jonah Hill was fantastic and its undoubtedly his best performance. He deserves a Supporting Oscar nom.