The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Tom Cruise

-Francis Ford Coppola (The Outsiders)
-Ridley Scott (Legend)
-Martin Scorsese (The Color of money)
-Oliver Stone (Born on forth of July)
-Ron Howard (Far and Far Away)
-Stanley Kubrick (Eyes Wide Shut)
-Paul Thomas Anderson (Magnolia)
-Steven Spielberg (Minority Report, War of the Worlds)
-Edward Zwick (The Last Samurai)
-Michael Mann (Collateral)
-J.J. Abrams (Mission Impossible III)
Good list but DiCaprio is still ahead. Not to mention he is significantly younger as well.

So why would Warner Bros. leave a Leonardo DiCaprio project behind? He is one of the world’s leading A-list stars. Well, maybe director Doug Liman was right. At a recent Tribeca Film Fest conversation with actor Alec Baldwin, he dropped the following very telling anecdote: “I heard a story that Leonardo DiCaprio was pitching a film at Warner Bros. — and, y’know, he’s a big deal at Warner Bros. — and they cut him off halfway through the pitch and said, ‘Is this a drama? Because we don’t make dramas anymore. You might as well just save your breath.’” Damn, maybe the expensive WB flick “Sucker Punch” that bombed was the final straw?
:problem:

allstarr55js wrote:
So why would Warner Bros. leave a Leonardo DiCaprio project behind? He is one of the world’s leading A-list stars. Well, maybe director Doug Liman was right. At a recent Tribeca Film Fest conversation with actor Alec Baldwin, he dropped the following very telling anecdote: “I heard a story that Leonardo DiCaprio was pitching a film at Warner Bros. — and, y’know, he’s a big deal at Warner Bros. — and they cut him off halfway through the pitch and said, ‘Is this a drama? Because we don’t make dramas anymore. You might as well just save your breath.’” Damn, maybe the expensive WB flick “Sucker Punch” that bombed was the final straw?
:problem:
damn

but how would sucker punch bombing make them reluctant to make dramas?

damn

but how would sucker punch bombing make them reluctant to make dramas?
Yeah I did not get that bit either.

I'd bet they'd accept a drama pitch from Nolan.

studios are really underestimating the public's interest in great dramas

thrice wrote:man I wanted Scorsese to tackle the De Niro-Pesci-Pacino-Keitel project
What happened to that, BTW?

Vader182 wrote:Also, it's pretty amazing to think about.. Dicaprio's worked with nearly every top director in the buisness. Not all of the films came out amazing, but hey.

All he needs is to collab with Tarantino and that kinda covers the top working directors. Damn impressive.
Check.