The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

What's the song Matthew keeps humming at the end of the trailer?

trailer caught my attention. i'm interested. plus, it was cute seeing leo let loose and break dance. :P

Rohan wrote:
christophmac wrote: did he transformed?
It seems like he did. The guy is too much into his character. He might get a second nomination.
I've only seen him in the odd comedy or two, I'm actually surprised by him being a nominated actor. Any recommended performances of his?

On the subject of his work with Scorsese, Hill said:

You can dis me all you want on a blog, or write whatever you want in this magazine and I’ll just be like, ‘Whatever, man. Scorsese thinks I’m awesome.’ [Laughs.] He hired me and didn’t fire me, so I can kind of not care now. It really did give me personal assurance that I’m doing the right thing and that I’m talented in certain ways because he’s so important to me.

But he’s not just friends with Marty! He’s also kept close ties with co-stars like Brad Pitt (“Moneyball”) and Leonardo DiCaprio (“The Wolf of Wall Street”):

When Brad [Pitt] and Angie [Jolie] came to my birthday party last year, I think that was pretty shocking to a lot of people because that was at a small bar, but my birthday party this year was at my house and, um, some of the guys from The Wolf of Wall Street came over. My friends weren’t like, ‘Oh my gosh! A famous person’s here.’ More than that, it was the actors there who were like, ‘Man, it’s so awesome how close you are with all these people who don’t give a *beep* that you’re in movies or that anyone else is in movies.’ Because no one cared that Leo [DiCaprio] was there.
http://www.salon.com/2013/06/25/jonah_h ... m_awesome/

:facepalm:

I read the issue of Rolling Stone with him, Franco, McBride, and Rogen on it and he seriously the biggest prick.

Allstar wrote:
On the subject of his work with Scorsese, Hill said:

You can dis me all you want on a blog, or write whatever you want in this magazine and I’ll just be like, ‘Whatever, man. Scorsese thinks I’m awesome.’ [Laughs.] He hired me and didn’t fire me, so I can kind of not care now. It really did give me personal assurance that I’m doing the right thing and that I’m talented in certain ways because he’s so important to me.

But he’s not just friends with Marty! He’s also kept close ties with co-stars like Brad Pitt (“Moneyball”) and Leonardo DiCaprio (“The Wolf of Wall Street”):

When Brad [Pitt] and Angie [Jolie] came to my birthday party last year, I think that was pretty shocking to a lot of people because that was at a small bar, but my birthday party this year was at my house and, um, some of the guys from The Wolf of Wall Street came over. My friends weren’t like, ‘Oh my gosh! A famous person’s here.’ More than that, it was the actors there who were like, ‘Man, it’s so awesome how close you are with all these people who don’t give a *beep* that you’re in movies or that anyone else is in movies.’ Because no one cared that Leo [DiCaprio] was there.
http://www.salon.com/2013/06/25/jonah_h ... m_awesome/

:facepalm:
Oh dear, the Oscar Nomination has gone straight to the poor lad's head.

darthnazgul wrote:
Rohan wrote:
christophmac wrote: did he transformed?
It seems like he did. The guy is too much into his character. He might get a second nomination.
I've only seen him in the odd comedy or two, I'm actually surprised by him being a nominated actor. Any recommended performances of his?
Moneyball.

In case you guys wanted to know my feelings about this film from the trailer, I'm actually glad they're gonna for a comedic feel rather than something not overly serious like Wall Street. But watching it again, and reading what durden said about how the tone could be in line with something like Boogie Nights (Comedic, but rather dark in places), it has made me all the more excited.

I reckon DiCaprio may get his chance this year for the golden statue, but he's got to get at least a nomination. I'm just glad he's going out with a bang before his long break. Hill looks rather impressive from the brief scenes he had, but I'll need to see more of his character to make an actual judgment. Matthew McConaughey looks very impressive, but as some people have noted, it's probably gonna be only an extended cameo, but who knows. And it's rather surprising to see Scorsese something so crazy and wild for a man of his age.

This has certainly shot up on my list of most anticipated films of this year.

prince0gotham wrote:i just worry because i was expecting a classic and it could be the trailer but it doesn't look like a classic for several reasons

and i'm excited but
it's weird
You're out of your god damn mind lol.

What is classic anyway... This will be the best Scorsese movie in years and that alone is enough for me.