Why Americans Can't Play Superheroes

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/20 ... st_as.html
The ugly truth is that American leading men just aren't terribly manly anymore, says John Papsidera, the casting director on both The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.

"You look at the list of American leading men, and in their twenties and thirties, they're very boylike," he says, adding, "Take Jesse Eisenberg: I put him in Zombieland, but he's not going to play Superman. He's much closer to what Dustin Hoffman turned into than John Wayne or Steve McQueen. It's hard to find movie stars that live up to the needs of the story. Leo [DiCaprio] is growing into it, but for a long time, he seemed young and boylike. Inception was the first time Leo seemed to have fully grown into a man. You need to find guys who carry that heroic-ness with them."
Thoughts? :think:
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I largely agree, but I don't think this was DiCaprio's first role where he was man-like.

I mean, what younger actors are there? Everybody wanted Jon Hamm for superman, nobody mentioned any young actors.

Armie Hammer is American?

Only guy I can think of right now though. :lol:

i just think its because they're not character actors like actors from other countries

russians need to master the language, because America would be amazed by what their actors are capable of

talli wrote:i just think its because they're not character actors like actors from other countries

russians need to master the language, because America would be amazed by what their actors are capable of
examples, please, would like to check them out :angel:

Personally, and this is just because of my personal taste, I don't agree with the article.

I can name several Americans who can play manly men, like how chee mentioned Arm & Hammer, actors like Jon Hamm, etc.

I just think producers are looking for talent, and it's just a coincidence that many supies today are not Americans.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.