Oz: The Great and Powerful (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
d4mi4n wrote:Sam is still with us... phew! :clap:
you are m4? why i had the impression that you are from Croatia?

and - Friday Report: 'Oz' Conjures $24.1 Million Debut

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3646

Dead Man Down bombed :|

JohnConstantine wrote:
d4mi4n wrote:Sam is still with us... phew! :clap:
you are m4? why i had the impression that you are from Croatia?
I am, it's a temporary location. ;)

Dead Man Down is apparently ridiculous, so glad for Raimi! :clap:

See this movie if you love throwing your money away and contemplating suicide in public places.

TeddyBlass wrote:See this movie if you love throwing your money away and contemplating suicide in public places.
:lol:

TeddyBlass wrote:See this movie if you love throwing your money away and contemplating suicide in public places.
Teddophile rises.

I make it a point to see any movies that I can that involve magicians so this qualified. All the homages or allusions that they could legally fit in were nice to connect to the old movie. Rachel Weisz was the best (or at least the most exciting) human performer in the film, with Michelle Williams a second (as Blanda, I mean Glinda). Franco wears his shit-eating grin with aplomb as usual, his womanizing con man ways as a character I liked but it wasn't a good performance. Kunis's performance wasn't that great either--it got worse as time goes by in the story--but her character got to be one of my favorite character tropes. I like her best before Oz leaves the Emerald City, she was lovely. The side characters like China Girl and Finley weren't annoying, which was a relief. Some of the humor particularly involving these two was usually good. There's some stuff I could imagine is going to be a whole lot more boring on a second watch like the visual gimmick sequences. Quite a bit of leaps of logic and conviences in the script which will require turning your brain off, but I let it slide since it's supposed to be a dream fantasy. What it lacks in brains it makes up with in charm. But overall it was a fun movie worth seeing once, though at what price will vary from person to person. (6.5 out of 10)

As for contemplating suicide and wasting money, I still want a refund for Hugo. :|

Boy, bolding words in sentences sure is a blast. I really enjoyed stuff like that.

SilverHeart wrote:Boy, bolding words in sentences sure is a blast. I really enjoyed stuff like that.
I prefer underlined and oversized/colored words.

It got your attention, so it worked. :lol:

But really what happened was that the Nolan Fans servers had problems the other day and erased a lot of posts, including mine. So I took the time to rewrite it and made what I liked about the movie stand out more since the text was a little too negative when I originally wrote it.