All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
kinda lame how badly IMAX (my fav format thanks to chris) has tanked their brand. trying to get tickets to this requires a fucking engineering degree

dual laser has the best 3D and HFR but only in 2k because of overheating issues (apparently)

single laser is dimmer with less contrast and worse 3d, but does have HFR at 4k

despite my opinion of the superior sound and viewing angle of IMAX, i’d bite the bullet and just go to dolby cinema (which has dual laser, 4k, good 3d, AND HFR), but all the ones in new york are 2.39 which isn’t even close to Jimbo’s intended 1.85 presentation

my guess is that DL is still the way to go and since it’s two projectors - perceived sharpness will be closer to 4k

/rant

I'd definitely do dual laser if your Dolby's aren't 1.85. You can always do single laser for subsequent viewings to compare.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
December 10th, 2022, 5:15 pm
I'd definitely do dual laser if your Dolby's aren't 1.85. You can always do single laser for subsequent viewings to compare.

-Vader
yea tickets have been acquired for dual laser imax - hype train is full steam ahead. at least in New York, this shit is sold out for dayssss
for the main event aka new Chris Nolan trailer lol

It's Cameron so there's some stupid shit. And the father-son relation is a key part of the film and, sadly, one of its weakest side.
But how not be moved and transported when there's so much creativity and generosity thrown towards the audience ?
Sigourney Weaver is the star of this one (Saldana was the star of the first imo). It's much more an ensemble cast.
Stephen Lang and Cameron are maybe not making Quaritch into the most developped villain but they're making him a real threat.
Real big spoiler:
By the end of the film, I couldn't imagine getting another villain, and I'm glad he'll be coming back.
The film could have been shorter because among the set-up of the first act, some of it is for the following movie, but the third act is Cameron at his best as an action director, like the last hour of T2 or of Titanic.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
I quite enjoyed this. I think it is a step down from the first one, which I think is Cameron's magnus opus and one of the best blockbusters of the 21st century. But it is a movie I am eager to rewatch. I have a feeling I will like it better on rewatch.
As effective as the Tulkun hunting sequence was, I felt that the horror of what was going on was somewhat undercut by the score being majestic and wonderful in nature.

The VFX used to capture the water sequences was absolutely stunning. All of the kids were great characters, though I did feel as if the character designs between the two sons were too similar. There were a couple of key moments where I had trouble telling which one was doing what. They did both absolutely look like they could be the son's of Jake Sully and that is an amazing accomplishment from a VFX standpoint that they were able to pull that off.

Also I liked the fact that Cameron made the movie feel like it's own story, instead of just endless setup for the sequels. I am excited to see where Cameron takes the sequels though and I imagine they explore some stuff like the Neytiri and Spider relationship, and what was going on with Kiri with more depth than in this one.

First Hour = 2,160 P X 3,840 P Discovery channel
Second Hour= Script?
Third Hour. = 40 Mins God Level Action Episodes
Take-out= Cameron?

masterpiece

Act I: Good, but rough.
Act II: Great, but messy.
Act III: God-tier, one of the best hours of Cameron's career.

Overall, I loved it.

-Vader

It has a $460M budget.