All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Let's see how this does.

First look picture are meh.

Ace

Seems like another inspired / uninspired movie

Never doubt Cameron.

Or at least that was true before Dark Fate.

Now it's reasonable to doubt him a bit. Or a lot actually.

I am totally doubting it now. I thought there would be a total visual upgrade but no this is more or less same level of [un]realness as the 2009 film had.

Time is not a substitute for movie budget and $250M is actually not enough for pure CGI frames. It should be insanely expensive. Doubt is one thing, I hope this bombs.

(Dune had amazing CGI bdw, i bet those few seconds were costly)

blackColumn wrote:
April 30th, 2022, 12:05 pm
I am totally doubting it now. I thought there would be a total visual upgrade but no this is more or less same level of [un]realness as the 2009 film had.

Time is not a substitute for movie budget and $250M is actually not enough for pure CGI frames. It should be insanely expensive. Doubt is one thing, I hope this bombs.

(Dune had amazing CGI bdw, i bet those few seconds were costly)
I fell asleep watching Dune the first time lol. Visual consistency between films is not a problem, it's actually something that was likely going to be the case from the get-go. The first film had cool special effects but was a mediocre and derivative story and it was responsible for the overpriced 3D gimmick that has luckily gone away. Given that, I don't know what people are expecting with these sequels. It's likely going to be an ok film with lots of CG, that's it. It'd be nice if it were a great film but that's not something the first film led me to think when they announced the sequels. Maybe stop putting impossible expectations on movies you anticipate (and maybe stop anticipating movies months in advance altogether) and instead love movies once you actually watched and enjoyed them? Seems like less of a hassle.

Ace