Lawless (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Shia was the third or 4th best if you count oldman.

Allstar wrote:Shia was the third or 4th best if you count oldman.
Oldman was pretty good, given that he barely got any screentime. I was quite happy about that.

I planned on watching this on October 12, but then it got delayed in our country.. Till december.. Hmm.

I have a question
Charlie Rakes said "I ain’t the kind to drink from a greasy cup." what does he mean?

amir_t6262 wrote:I have a question
Charlie Rakes said "I ain’t the kind to drink from a greasy cup." what does he mean?
Doesn't want to... ah... go where other men have clearly been before.

Incidentally, thought this was an pretty pathetic and grossly uninteresting film. Huge disappointment from a talent like Hillcoat.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

11 Best Movie Characters of 2012
The greatest creations of the year...
By Total Film

#7 Forrest Bondurant (Tom Hardy, Lawless)

Tom Hardy, grumbling in a cardigan. No, not a big screen adaptation of One Foot In The Grave, but the best character in one of the best gangster flicks of the year. From the force of sheer presence alone, Hardy makes Forrest one of the most compelling creations of 2012. It’s a performance full of strange grunts, odd moans and mumbled line deliveries. It’s as fascinating a turn as Benicio Del Toro in The Usual Suspects and Brad Pitt in Snatch.

http://www.totalfilm.com/features/11-be ... ight-rises

As much as I love big bad Bane (#1 on this list :twothumbsup: ) ... I love badass Forrest even more. Forever and Always. :-D

Was gonna pick up the Blu-ray when ot was $14.99 last week, but now its $30. :|
Brave New World

RyanRises wrote:Was gonna pick up the Blu-ray when ot was $14.99 last week, but now its $30. :|
Damnnnn.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this movie. It was one of the best and surprisingly good movies of 2012 for me. Tom Hardy's performance was one of the best of 2012 and the plot was great. We've seen the 30's gangster films done before a lot, but it was great to see the root of it all; the production of moonshine.

BroskiSabor wrote:I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this movie. It was one of the best and surprisingly good movies of 2012 for me. Tom Hardy's performance was one of the best of 2012 and the plot was great. We've seen the 30's gangster films done before a lot, but it was great to see the root of it all; the production of moonshine.