What was the last movie you've watched?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I've just seen The Way Back. Beautiful score, amazing cinematography, great directing, brilliant movie.

IMO, Inception, The King's Speech and The Way Back are the best 3 movies of 2010.

The Way Back 10 / 10

The warriors (1979)-10/10

My 28th viewing.
Honestly, this is my favorite movie of all time. We'll....my favorite non-nolan movie of all time (Sorry reservoir dogs & se7en).
For those who havent seen it, Watch it, Live it & you will know why its been hailed as a instant classic for nearly 32 & 1/2 years. Ajax,Played by James remar (DEXTERS DAD :D ), May be one of the best movie charecters ever. This is one of those films that CAN NEVER,EVER, be duplicated & remade IMO.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

thenextnolan wrote:Image
The warriors (1979)-10/10

My 28th viewing.
Honestly, this is my favorite movie of all time. We'll....my favorite non-nolan movie of all time (Sorry reservoir dogs & se7en).
For those who havent seen it, Watch it, Live it & you will know why its been hailed as a instant classic for nearly 32 & 1/2 years. Ajax,Played by James remar (DEXTERS DAD :D ), May be one of the best movie charecters ever. This is one of those films that CAN NEVER,EVER, be duplicated & remade IMO.
Hahahaha that movie sucks!

Oh ok it just seems you rarely give anything lower then a 9/10 so I was just wondering.
Your point has validity allstarr. thenextnolan does tend to give the vast majority of the films he sees 9/10 or 10/10. It isn't surprising or shocking to see nextnolan give a movie 10/10, so your joke makes sense. If he's offended by sarcasm, then tough. Don't apologize for it.

Lol an 8/10 for Thenextnolan is like a god awful movie. :lol:

Leaving Las Vegas - 8/10

Wonderful chemistry and Cage is really amazing. Deserved the Oscar

Your point has validity allstarr. thenextnolan does tend to give the vast majority of the films he sees 9/10 or 10/10. It isn't surprising or shocking to see nextnolan give a movie 10/10, so your joke makes sense. If he's offended by sarcasm, then tough. Don't apologize for it.
I was not really apologizing. :lol:

Maybe thenextnolan watches movies he knows he already likes?

What's in the box?!?!
Say Girl

Maybe thenextnolan watches movies he knows he already likes?
yeah. That pretty much sums it up.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

Eternal-Fighter wrote:Se7en 6.5/10

I really don't know what's so great about this movie.
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'll put this in spoilers for the welfare of those who haven't seen it:
Firstly, what about the ending was really predictable? I doubt you predicted EVERYTHING, and even if you know the ending, it's extremely tense and I panic everytime I watch it. As for what makes the film so great, it's the stunning cinematography, the amazingly crafted atmosphere, great performances, even if Pitt is kind of terrible at times at the end. The script is highly original, and overall, the film is extremely thought provoking, especially if you know Christian theology/philosophy/history, as some of the examples used in the film can be much more haunting that way. The score's fantastic, as well. It's imaginative, and it's become the baseline for almost every cop/serial killer (anything like that) film since, and anything you see as "Oh, everything's done that" it's because Se7en did it first, it's hugely influential, one of the most influential of the 90's. It has a great social commentary on the state of society as a whole, a sort of beginning of the thematic arc of Fincher's films from then to now, with how we're becoming indifferent to the various personal, social, and moral evils in the world, and within ourselves, and how highly selfish we can be.

And finally, Kevin Spacey's relatively brief performance in it is absolutely mesmerizing, and the revelatory climax is terrifying, however predictable it may be, largely because of how it was written, but perhaps more so to his stunning delivery of every line he's given.

I think the film is very close to be perfect, and is a strong 9/10. Amazing.