Prometheus (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Michael Fassbender has a role in Sir Ridley Scott's forthcoming movie and though it is a prequel to the classic 1979 sci-fi film, he opted instead to watch Blade Runner as a part of his research because of the similarities in his part.

He said: "I didn't revisit Alien before we did this. Sometimes I would do that, but in this case I didn't. I watched Blade Runner though, I took a look at Sean Young and Rutger Hauer. I live Rutger Hauer in that. With Prometheus, it stands alone to Alien, the way they put it and a good description is there's DNA strands that link the two. But it's a whole new world. I play a guy called David who's an android, so that's why I watched Blade Runner, there's something in those androids."

The Shame actor also admitted that he used to use music to help him prepare for a role but now he is more "relaxed" in his technique.

He told Esquire magazine: "I used to use music a lot. In fact, that was my main key at drama school, but I don't really do it any more. Now I think I'm a little bit more relaxed in my technique. Now I just try to focus and relax."

07202012 wrote:
thedarknuts wrote:Soundtrack is now up on iTunes
http://itunes.apple.com/au/album/promet ... d527304464
Oh yay.
Sounds mediocre like it could belong in any move anywhere. Hardly a suprise though.

Oh great theres some harry gregson williams tracks on the soundtrack too.. why didnt they just get Clint Mansell to score this film?
sigh.