James Cameron About Hollywood These Days

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Eh, I don't like James Cameron's attitude either, but I do agree with him on this. Battleship: The Movie? Sigh. :(

It was a bit ridiculous trying to find Cameron's entire interview instead of just that one soundbite (linking through linking through links!), but here it is, courtesy of Google Translate:

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/ ... MGvqpRCtyg

Keep in mind that it's a translation and who knows whether the English version will be made available (since I'm pretty sure Cameron doesn't speak fluent German).

Yeah, Cameron does come off holier-than-thou (especially about Avatar), but at least he doesn't name names. IMO he doesn't blame Berg for doing Battleship, he's blaming the Hollywood system. Which still would be cutting off your nose to spite your face, BUT it's also amusing since Cameron says, "If there is a religion here is above everything else, it's the money. It sounds trite, but if you make money, everyone is happy." Which is exactly how he gets away with the things he does. :lol:

He also comments on the irony of Avatar, an environmentalist film, being financed very expensively by Rupert Murdoch. I also have to disagree with Avatar being a dream like Cameron says it is - one of the things that pissed me off about its reception (and people wanting to live on Pandora) is that places like that already exist here on earth! Move to Costa Rica and live in a treehouse! It's that easy! People who worship Avatar because of Pandora are missing the beauty that's already here for us.

This isn't exactly a POINT is it now. You know how many movies got space ships like in Star Wars? Not that I'm defendin Cameron at all, but you don't really have a point. And the thing about Bryce... sure, go ahead, dazzle us with your talent, make a movie using your skillz. Do I need to be more sarcastic?
I was not talking about the spaceships,but about the mountains.

RIFA wrote: James Cameron and Quentin Tarantino are pretty much egotistic persons... :roll:
I completely agree with ya.QT and Cameron think they are the masters of film.No one is the master,every director has his quality,Nolans can write great story's,QT writes great (how do ya call it?) great talk scenes,Cameron makes great action scenes and so we go on.

But i prefer good storytelling and great camerawork over action scenes and dialogue scenes.

BatMotor wrote:

This isn't exactly a POINT is it now. You know how many movies got space ships like in Star Wars? Not that I'm defendin Cameron at all, but you don't really have a point. And the thing about Bryce... sure, go ahead, dazzle us with your talent, make a movie using your skillz. Do I need to be more sarcastic?
It was a fuckin ANALOGY.

Robin wrote:Sidenote; I remember watching interviews with all the directors that was in contention for awards last year, and how stunned I was by how egomaniac and pretentious Cameron and Tarantino was. I was so happy that Kathryn Bigelow won that year.
As far as I know, awards are given to an artist and not a person.
Both of them are egomaniac and pretentitious, but their films were much better and entertaining than the boring,slow,void and inaccurate Hurt Locker.
gib sigs

bruce_angier wrote:
Robin wrote:Sidenote; I remember watching interviews with all the directors that was in contention for awards last year, and how stunned I was by how egomaniac and pretentious Cameron and Tarantino was. I was so happy that Kathryn Bigelow won that year.
As far as I know, awards are given to an artist and not a person.
Both of them are egomaniac and pretentitious, but their films were much better and entertaining than the boring,slow,void and inaccurate Hurt Locker.
:thumbup:

It was a fuckin ANALOGY.[/quote]
And here we go :crazy:

Again.....
Can ya please stop being dumb and irritating.

prince0gotham wrote: It was a fuckin ANALOGY.
I'm pretty sure he doesn't understand the meaning of the word. And by that, I mean he doesn't understand any of the 5 words that you just typed.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't understand the meaning of the word. And by that, I mean he doesn't understand any of the 5 words that you just typed.
This. Batmotor doesn't have the English skills to be a functional member in an English forum. When he doesn't understand he hides behind the veil of insulting everyone he's not able of comprehending.