The Flowers of War (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
"When Miller, who has unaccounted for skills as a hairdresser and makeup artist, finishes work on Mo, ..."
He's a mortician, for god's sake. He should know how to do makeup and hair ...

Alex wrote:"When Miller, who has unaccounted for skills as a hairdresser and makeup artist, finishes work on Mo, ..."
He's a mortician, for god's sake. He should know how to do makeup and hair ...
Exactly. That was the whole point why they made his character a mortician so he can help with the "make-over". It's funny how the critic totally missed that specially when it's on almost every story description. :lol:

I think I've lost count on the number of trailers released :P
I was ambivalent towards seeing this, but I may just go watch it in the theaters.
TalkOnCorners wrote:Yup. THR didn't like it one bit. :lol: It's like THR and Variety saw a different film. Variety's review was so much better - http://www.variety.com/review/VE1117946733/.
Well, I wouldn't be too worried if the screening reviews were mostly positive. It really seems like a different movie from what people were expecting. For every group of positive reviews, there will be a scathing/negative one for every film released, so *shrug*...

that was epic

Have they said when this will be released in the US?

They will release it for one week in NY starting from Dec 21 and in LA and San Francisco starting Dec 23. I'm not sure which theaters though since it's just for an awards qualifying run.

This looks awesome. Bale is going to be fantastic in it. :-D

This looks better and better with every trailer :)