NY times feature- improv with this years critically acclaimd

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

talli wrote:matt damon is so hammy
hahahahahahaha

allstarr55js wrote:
talli wrote:matt damon is so hammy
hahahahahahaha

lol u have some kind of vendetta against him? u know hes gonna be nominated right?

hahaha I just thought it was a funny comment. I like Matt Damon honestly. I just do not think he is on the same level as Dicaprio or Bale ( He is compared to them a lot) who are my favorite actors. Yeah there is a chance he could get nominated but it is far from a sure thing.

true. I think he gave the best performance last year in The Informant....if not, then atleast top 5

talli wrote:true. I think he gave the best performance last year in The Informant....if not, then atleast top 5
I agree that performance is really underrated.

to me his performance in "The Talented Mr. Ripley" is very very underrated.

Christian Bale work in American Psycho > any of Matt Damon's work...(besides True Grit which I have not seen)

Christian Bale though is a really one-way actor... you won't see him in comedies too soon... he's not that balanced imo as an actor... he can only do deep psychological roles... at least that's where he's good at... (American Psycho, The Machinist, The Prestige)...

Matt Damon though has great potential and his acting skills are very balanced... He also is very similar to Leonardo DiCaprio...

So if you want to compare DiCaprio with Matt Damon... DiCaprio will win because of his career but other than that... at the end of the day... Matt Damon could be seen as better than DiCaprio... who knows? Time will tell...

Look at how Brad Pitt started as an actor and where is he now... imo he's a lot over DiCaprio, Damon and Bale...

RIFA wrote:to me his performance in "The Talented Mr. Ripley" is very very underrated.

Christian Bale work in American Psycho > any of Matt Damon's work...(besides True Grit which I have not seen)

Christian Bale though is a really one-way actor... you won't see him in comedies too soon... he's not that balanced imo as an actor... he can only do deep psychological roles... at least that's where he's good at... (American Psycho, The Machinist, The Prestige)...

Matt Damon though has great potential and his acting skills are very balanced... He also is very similar to Leonardo DiCaprio...

So if you want to compare DiCaprio with Matt Damon... DiCaprio will win because of his career but other than that... at the end of the day... Matt Damon could be seen as better than DiCaprio... who knows? Time will tell...

Look at how Brad Pitt started as an actor and where is he now... imo he's a lot over DiCaprio, Damon and Bale...

i think christian's character in AP can work brilliantly in comedy...he has that cliche rich wall street guy way of speaking that would be very funny in a different context

tell me this does not remind you of Jim Carrey

American Psycho is a comedy...