Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
In the end, the scripts' quality will prevail for Mylod's episodes.

TBH, I don't think Sapochnik could have made a great episode with 608 which was anticlimax after anticlimax

Now Where Was I ? wrote:In the end, the scripts' quality will prevail Mylod's episodes.

TBH, I don't think Sapochnik could have made a great episode with 608 which was anticlimax after anticlimax
The sad thing is Miguel probably won't even be back for the final season, he just recently signed on for a studio film. Hopefully he doesn't pull anAlan Taylor. :lol:

Now Where Was I ? wrote:In the end, the scripts' quality will prevail for Mylod's episodes.

Referring to M4's post, I mean...
He has directed 4 episodes, all of which are in the lowest 17 of 58 episodes. 3 of those are in the bottom 10 worst episodes.
Yeah.

I really hope Matt Shakman delivers. I've only seen his two Fargo S1 episodes and both were terrific. Podeswa is fine, I guess. (Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken, though :sick: ) Taylor's return is very exciting.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:In the end, the scripts' quality will prevail for Mylod's episodes.

The only anticlimax in that episode was he Arya storyline for some people, though I found it to be an engaging action scequence overall. I also like Arya standing up to the man who manipulated two girls to fight each other and the subversion of the previous interactions where he would ask her who she was instead of telling her who she was because the latter would obviously result with her stubbornly refute his assessment of her because she knows herself better than he does at this stage.

The rest of that episode was actually a clever way to subvert expectations: people expected Jaime to shed blood to get Riverrun (even though he was clearly bluffing to get Edmure to cooperate but that was not immediately apparent), and yet he managed to take the castle without significant deaths on either side and hence saved many people's lives instead of ending them. That old relic the Blackfish got an underwhelming death because the expectation would be to have that kind of character die in a heroic fight but had anyone listened to him everyone would have died, which is not something to idolize or embellish and so the show did not give him a heroic death because there is nothing heroic in fighting to the death when it's senseless. The way he died signified to me that the show is not on the side of senseless violence that the Blackfish advocated but rather understands Jaime's and Edmure's points of view. This might not lead to a lot of action but it does present an interesting conflict.

Cersei's line from that episode about choosing violence was clearly in the trailers to lead people to think that some gigantic fight was about to go down and the Mountain by his very presence invited speculations of Cleganebowl and that god the show undercut both those things by having him kill only one person and prhibiting trial by combat. It instead gave us a vulnerable Cersei without any options, which is much more interesting character work for her nd led to some interesting decisions in the final episodes, hence why this part of the KL plot was just another building stone.

And then, and then and then...finally the final nail in the LSH coffin.
When the BWB showed up again with Beric still among them
I was quite relieved actually because it signifies that the show takes a stance against revenge, which LSH clearly represents in the books but the point Martin is trying to make with her dehumanization, the show is already making with Arya so there's no need for her in the story anymore. Good riddance.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Panapaok wrote:According to Watchers on the Wall, this is the directors-episode line-up for S7:
Episode 1: Jeremy Podeswa
Episode 2: Mark Mylod
Episode 3: Mark Mylod
Episode 4: Matt Shakman
Episode 5: Matt Shakman
Episode 6: Alan Taylor
Episode 7: Jeremy Podeswa
Episode 6 must be the big setpiece episode, whatever it'll be with Taylor only helming one episode and having some experience with large-scale stuff
Yeah I think that's a given. Pity Mylod is back on this... Podeswa isn't the best of the GoT directors either... I hope they all surpass my expectations lol

Really hope Sapochnik can return for S8, hoping his Sinbad film comes through fast then.

Read the leaks, they suck. I hope they're not true. Season 6 was very good in terms of spectacle with Bran's storyline as the highlight but it was also the weakest season in terms of story. I'd even say season 6 was weaker than season 5 story wise but it was still better as a whole. I expect season 7 to be like that regardless of whether the leaks are true or not.

dafox wrote:Read the leaks, they suck. I hope they're not true. Season 6 was very good in terms of spectacle with Bran's storyline as the highlight but it was also the weakest season in terms of story. I'd even say season 6 was weaker than season 5 story wise but it was still better as a whole. I expect season 7 to be like that regardless of whether the leaks are true or not.
I hope they're true because a lot of it sounds epic and intriguing to me. Gotta wrap up the story in 13 episodes somehow.

Batfan175 wrote:
dafox wrote:Read the leaks, they suck. I hope they're not true. Season 6 was very good in terms of spectacle with Bran's storyline as the highlight but it was also the weakest season in terms of story. I'd even say season 6 was weaker than season 5 story wise but it was still better as a whole. I expect season 7 to be like that regardless of whether the leaks are true or not.
I hope they're true because a lot of it sounds epic and intriguing to me. Gotta wrap up the story in 13 episodes somehow.
:lol:

Allstar wrote:
Batfan175 wrote:
:lol:
What i've read makes sense from a story perspective and luckily it seems to shoot down some fan theories for the books too. That alone is enough to make me happy.