Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Dinklage deserves another Emmy, IMO. His best work since his first win.

Let's also agree that one of the bests twists was that
the finale was actually good.

It was incredibly disappointing. And I liked Episode 5 on its own.

bro that scene
Drogon melting the throne and carrying Dany off

that was beaut

I mean we can debate about story and plotting and I'm sure Vader is currently writing a peer-reviewed essay on this at the moment, but the direction and cinematography has been better than ever this season

PowerDump wrote:
May 19th, 2019, 10:56 pm
The twist I already loved since the end of last episode and we fully seen it this episode was
the part where Dany’s Vision in the House of the Undying was ash around the throne and not snow which we were led to believe at the time.
To be fair, at the time it was snow. Icicles were clearly visible in that vision.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
May 19th, 2019, 11:02 pm
-Jon's behavior in his first scenes were incomprehensible. Tyrion having to work 10 minutes to convince him of Dany's mad actions was so weird
-Bran king has to come from GRRM. It's so left field and in the context of the show makes no fucking sense
-Pacing was so weird. Tragedy to weird comedy scenes. Didn't feel right
-Jon's exile is by far my biggest problem. He fucking goes back to the NW? to please the Unsullied who just fuck off Westeros anyway? What ???
-The election and subsequent small council scenes just felt like bad parodies. I'm incredibly disappointed overall. So much of the story was pointless it's unbelievable.
jon was in complete denial and playing devil’s advocate, he knew the truth deep down the whole time, I agree the small council scenes were awkward.

Dobson wrote:
May 19th, 2019, 11:19 pm
PowerDump wrote:
May 19th, 2019, 10:56 pm
The twist I already loved since the end of last episode and we fully seen it this episode was
the part where Dany’s Vision in the House of the Undying was ash around the throne and not snow which we were led to believe at the time.
To be fair, at the time it was snow. Icicles were clearly visible in that vision.
i might have to see the old scene again, but wasn’t that part, part of her going outside beyond the wall where it was snow? I thought you couldn’t see Dany’s breath inside the throne room in that vision either but when she went outside in the cold you could. I don’t know, I’ll have to check the video later. Either way, since the vision has her going outside past the wall, I think it still works pretty well.

I'm just happy that the good Boi got his well deserved pet 🐺

Well, that was lame.

man what a finale. cant wait for next season

Nistopher Colon wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 12:49 am
man what a finale. cant wait for next season
...in two years! Don't worry, it'll be worth it.