Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ah shit here we go again

Nistopher Colon wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 3:32 am
ah shit here we go again
I was asked for whatever criticisms I had regarding the season so there you go.

Batfan: As far as criticisms of the final season go, I liked it a lot and it was a very ambitious story overall.
And that is, ladies and gentlemen, how you start the critique. The bads. The wrongs. The minuses. With thunderous applause.

m4st4 wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 1:35 pm
Batfan: As far as criticisms of the final season go, I liked it a lot and it was a very ambitious story overall.
And that is, ladies and gentlemen, how you start the critique. The bads. The wrongs. The minuses. With thunderous applause.
lmfao

m4st4 wrote:
June 26th, 2019, 1:35 pm
Point well taken. I should have removed the first part of that sentence or I should have said 'critique'. But more importantly, the criticisms I mentioned don't invalidate my overall feelings regarding the show: despite the flaws I mentioned, it is an ambitious story that tried to challenge viewers on a number of occasions and more often than not it succeeded.

Can you just bulletpoint your criticisms, just a quick rundown of what you felt wasn't exactly up to par?

Ace

LelekPL wrote:
June 27th, 2019, 3:15 am
Can you just bulletpoint your criticisms, just a quick rundown of what you felt wasn't exactly up to par?
Of course I can do that, thank your for asking so nicely, it's much appreciated. Now, my main points of criticism are as follows:
- episodes 1 and 4 lack a bit of momentum, as they seem to function as set-up episodes and are hence the least interesting of the bunch that we got;
- sometimes overly blunt and explicit dialogue offset by other storytelling elements like editing, costuming, etc.;
- the pacing was rather fast but given the small number of episodes I was kind of prepared for that;
- some convenient plot points (the circumstances surrounding Rhaegal's fate come to mind) somewhat counterbalanced by their thematic significance.

One thing that bothers me overall about the show is that it pretends to depict a different type of world where justice will not always come for those who deserve it and yet, we have almost all the several villains of the story meeting their dooms in some ill fated manner.

How come some of them can't like get a happy ending then or at least not fail miserably in the end? lol