Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Overwatch nails it.
btw
If Cersei is the Mad Queen does that not cancel all possibility of MQ theories for Danny?

ChristNolan wrote:Guys, how weird is it gonna be when this is done? Like, this show has been at the forefront of the social consciousness for almost 7 years now and now its about to be over.

We will likely never visit this world on film again. D&D made it very clear in their Deadline interview that when its done, its done. Just like Nolan said after TDKR. I know there are so many prospects for movies and spinoffs, but I have just have a solid feeling none of that will ever happen.
It'll feel great when it's finally over and done with. I can then point to this show and say: "this is the best (or at the very least most ambitious) fantasy show/film/anything in recent memory, filled with moments of great writing, inventive directing, versatile acting from the biggest cast on tv, wonderful cinematography, and stellar music. It was a time well spent."

Honestly, it's just great that they will be able to finish. Nothing weird about it. What would be weird if something caused them not to finish it the way they intended.

Don't worry guys. The team of directors will not disappoint in the final season. I'm honestly looking at these next two as one 13 episode season split in half. Like Breaking Bad. There's no doubt in my mind that the final 6 episodes will be directed by the best.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:Don't know if it's been posted before but this article does a very good job of at least explaining why I found the last two seasons underwhelming as compared to the previous four:

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainmen ... ow/489305/
Interesting read. D&D can't match 1990s GRRM in the plotting but to be honest, I trust them more than 2000s GRRM to end the story in a satisfying way (what exactly has Littlefinger been doing in the last two books? GRRM has completely lost control of his narrative).

The first half of the show being very faithful to the books and the second half being D&D working from an outline is really the best of both worlds imo

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
MeLVaNoaTe wrote:Don't know if it's been posted before but this article does a very good job of at least explaining why I found the last two seasons underwhelming as compared to the previous four:

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainmen ... ow/489305/
Interesting read. D&D can't match 1990s GRRM in the plotting but to be honest, I trust them more than 2000s GRRM to end the story in a satisfying way (what exactly has Littlefinger been doing in the last two books? GRRM has completely lost control of his narrative).

The first half of the show being very faithful to the books and the second half being D&D working from an outline is really the best of both worlds imo
yess

There is zero chance we don't get some kind of spinoff after GoT is done.

So one of the directors for season 7 only gets to direct one episode. I guess that'll be Taylor, especially when its an episode with a battle?

Regarding Qyburn. He didn't seem to take any enjoyment in the killing of Pycelle.

He just did what was required. No wicked sadistic subplot behind it. Purely business.

He's quite an interesting character. Also, Pycelle being stabbed to death was very satisfactory.