Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I wonder if theory was really ever the point of the show. Except for that scene with Hodor, the twists and shock were never meant to make you want to look at everything that came before in a different way. It is not Inception, Memento, Shutter Island or Vertigo. It never was. People spending hours to theorize may be proven right by the final episode, but I wouldn't find it disappointing if there was no twist. What I expect most of all is a great ending to the main characters'arc, an ending that makes sense and is shocking and moving.

Actual spoiler:
There will be a twist. D&D said they were told three twists when Martin told them the broad strokes of the ending. One was Hold the Door/Hodor, the other was the burning of Shireen and the third one is in the final episode. So it might very well be something to turn the story on it's head and tbh, considering all the major deaths a rewatch is going to change your POV anyway. Since then you know the characters ending from the beginning.

wait are finale spoilers leaked

-Vader

Not that I'm aware of. My post was something D&D said a while back but still. Caution I guess.

Oku
There was a bundle-leak for episode 4, 5, and 6, no?

And it was accurate for episodes 4 and 5, so it will most likely be accurate for episode 6 as well.

Nomis wrote:
May 19th, 2019, 6:33 am
Actual spoiler:
There will be a twist. D&D said they were told three twists when Martin told them the broad strokes of the ending. One was Hold the Door/Hodor, the other was the burning of Shireen and the third one is in the final episode. So it might very well be something to turn the story on it's head and tbh, considering all the major deaths a rewatch is going to change your POV anyway. Since then you know the characters ending from the beginning.
Didn't they say the last moment was 'at the end' instead of 'in the last episode'? I thought they referred to
Dany going crazy.

If it was Daenerys going mad they would've said "this was the third holy shit moment Martin told us about" and they didn't. Since they did talk about Hodor/Shireen I expect them to talk about the third one as well and they haven't.
@Oku: nothing has leaked

There's a 100% verified detailed description of the finale's plot on Reddit guys

oh fuck

logging the fuck out bye y'all