Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
JohnConstantine wrote: It's a real custom also in various parts of the world. In my country a guest is given bread and salt as a gesture of welcome and hospitality. It's a rural custom mostly (logically) and nowadays it's used (only) on traditional holidays and such.
Yeah.

Episode spoiler-
I don't know if you noticed but in the episode, Walder gives Robb, Cat and his men the bread and salt.
I know that from the books, that's why I mentioned that the bread and salt custom is a real one.

Thoughts on Michael Mcelhatton's performance last night?

Allstar wrote:Thoughts on Michael Mcelhatton's performance last night?
That look on his face when Cat discovers he's wearing armour was so malevolent. He was amazing throughout, so creepy that you could see Cat was uncomfortable talking to him.

oracle86 wrote:
That look on his face when Cat discovers he's wearing armour was so malevolent. He was amazing throughout, so creepy that you could see Cat was uncomfortable talking to him.
Agreed, his look was utterly chilling. He almost stole the ep but I got to hand it to Michelle. Richard did his best work of the series as well.

Yeah, practically everyone in that scene did amazing work. Walder, Edmure, the Blackfish, Talisa, Roose, but Robb & especially Catelyn were just a cut above the rest.

oracle86 wrote:Yeah, practically everyone in that scene did amazing work. Walder, Edmure, the Blackfish, Talisa, Roose, but Robb & especially Catelyn were just a cut above the rest.
The Blackfish is the luckiest man in the seven kingdoms. Talk about a well timed piss. :lol:

There is something to be said about conveying emotion sans dialogue, which -- IMO -- lends to both actor & director.
"The Rains of Castamere" should be on a syllabus for a film student.

To your question: McElhatton is well cast as Roose.
I look forward to his character expanding in future seasons.
For readers of SoS:
In the season finale, will/can the producers squeeze in
a) the "Purple Wedding"
b) a whore's strangulation
c) if Tywin can really shit gold
d) the betrayal of knights
e) an answer to Arya's prayer
f) Valar Morghulis
g) et cetera, et cetera

eGregiovs wrote:For readers of SoS:
In the season finale, will/can the producers squeeze in
a) the "Purple Wedding"
b) a whore's strangulation
c) if Tywin can really shit gold
d) the betrayal of knights
e) an answer to Arya's prayer
f) Valar Morghulis
g) et cetera, et cetera
Book 3 is being adapted into 2 seasons - the first two-thirds is Season 3 while Season 4 will be the latter one-third plus parts of AFfC and ADwD. So I think all these events will occur in Season 4.