Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:found on tumblr-
Best performance would have to go to Tywin Lannister. He is always so quotable and holds a great command of his voice. Even if I disagree with him, I can’t help be persuaded. Of all the characters, I think he’s the most qualified to rule Westeros. He may be detached to his own children but he has the experience and the rationale to be a good leader. He never lets his emotions overpower him unlike Rob (with his new wife) and Stannis (with Melisandre),
Could not agree more. :clap:
thanks a lot, TV Show! For making him look like a complete douche! Image

JayCificity wrote:
Allstar wrote:found on tumblr-

Could not agree more. :clap:
He is a huge douche in the books, too. The fact that he entrusted Tyrion with the responsibilities of Hand of the King had NOTHING to do with fatherly love. It was because Tywin had NO other alternative and Tyrion, just like the non-book readers, thought that this was some genuine emotion. Tywin resents the fact that Tyrion is a dwarf making demands of him, even though Tywin would rather not consider himself his father. Also, Tyrion disobeyed him by bringing a prostitute to the capital and if you don't do as you're told, Tywin Lannister is going to make you pay your debt. While we can all agree that putting his disdain for Tyrion over the good of the family (because we know how good Tyrion was at running things), the prejudices against dwarfs are not frowned upon, rather the opposite seems true in that regard so why would tywin go against the grain anyway?

Batfan175 wrote:
JayCificity wrote:
He is a huge douche in the books, too. The fact that he entrusted Tyrion with the responsibilities of Hand of the King had NOTHING to do with fatherly love. It was because Tywin had NO other alternative and Tyrion, just like the non-book readers, thought that this was some genuine emotion. Tywin resents the fact that Tyrion is a dwarf making demands of him, even though Tywin would rather not consider himself his father. Also, Tyrion disobeyed him by bringing a prostitute to the capital and if you don't do as you're told, Tywin Lannister is going to make you pay your debt. While we can all agree that putting his disdain for Tyrion over the good of the family (because we know how good Tyrion was at running things), the prejudices against dwarfs are not frowned upon, rather the opposite seems true in that regard so why would tywin go against the grain anyway?
Book Spoilers/Speculation Ahead:
Some readers have speculated that there might be another reason why Tywin hates Tyrion so much. Tywin telling that Tyrion is no son of his may be due to his illogically hating him for causing his mother's death during childbirth, OR it might be cos Tywin actually believes that Tyrion isn't his son. Aerys apparently had taken quite a liking to Tywin's wife, and had at one point of time, told Tywin to go back to Casterly Rock. So Tywin might feel that Tyrion is Aerys' son actually. His physical appearance (mismatched eyes of green and black, and lank, white-blond hair) isn't that of the typical Lannister, another reason to fuel the Aerys' son theory, so Tyrion might actually be a Targaryen bastard. All this is just speculation though.

http://towerofthehand.com/blog/2010/09/ ... loodlines/
BTW, 4th season is finally official!

Game Of Thrones ‏@GameOfThrones 10m
#GameofThrones is renewed for a fourth season. RT & share this update with your friends across the realm. http://twitpic.com/cgh7ze
Retweeted by HBO

HBO RENEWS GAME OF THRONES FOR FOURTH SEASON

--------

Season Three Soars To Highest Viewership Yet

--------

LOS ANGELES, April 2, 2013 – HBO has renewed GAME OF THRONES for a fourth season, it was announced today by Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming.

Based on the bestselling fantasy book series by George R.R. Martin, GAME OF THRONES is an epic story of treachery and nobility set on the continent of Westeros, where summers and winters can last years, and only the lust for power is eternal. The Emmy®- and Golden Globe-winning series launched its ten-episode third season Sunday, March 31 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT), exclusively on HBO, with other episodes debuting subsequent Sundays at the same time.

Among the early critical praise for the third season, the Hollywood Reporter called GAME OF THRONES “addictive and outstanding,” while Newsday termed the series “superb,” awarding the show an A+. The Chicago Tribune hailed the show as “spellbinding” and the Washington Post described it as “masterful.”

According to early data, GAME OF THRONES’ season three premiere March 31 on HBO topped the series’ highs, with record viewership for both the 9:00 p.m. (ET/PT) airing and gross audience across the three plays. At 9:00 p.m., it averaged 4.4 million viewers, outperforming (+4%) the previous high of 4.2 million viewers from last season’s finale. GAMES OF THRONES improved 13% in comparison to last season’s premiere of 3.9 million viewers. Across the three plays for the night, 6.7 million viewers tuned in, surpassing last season’s debut night of 6.3 million viewers by 7%. Last season, GAME OF THRONES had an average gross audience (HBO linear plays + HBO On Demand/HBO GO + DVR) of 11.6 million viewers.

For more on the series, visit facebook.com/GameOfThrones and twitter.com @GameOfThrones #GameOfThrones.

Season three credits: The executive producers of GAME OF THRONES are David Benioff, D.B. Weiss, Carolyn Strauss, Frank Doelger, Bernadette Caulfield; co-executive producers, Guymon Casady, Vince Gerardis, George R.R. Martin, Vanessa Taylor; produced by Chris Newman, Greg Spence.
Also:
If ratings trends for Thrones and HBO’s top-rated True Blood continue this year, Thrones could replace the vampire drama as the network’s most-popular show.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/02/game- ... -4-season/

The Season 3 premiere has apparently become the most downloaded episode EVER!

http://torrentfreak.com/game-of-thrones ... rd-130401/

Meanwhile, HBO's President of Programming Michael Lombardo talked about piracy to EW-
"I probably shouldn’t be saying this, but it is a compliment of sorts,” Lombardo said. “The demand is there. And it certainly didn’t negatively impact the DVD sales. [Piracy is] something that comes along with having a wildly successful show on a subscription network.”

The show is currently, on a per-season basis, the network’s top money-earner despite widespread piracy of the show, the executive confirmed. “If you look at aggregate of international and DVD sales — which are the two revenue streams we look at since we’re not selling it domestically on another platform — yes, absolutely, in terms of shows we have on now,” Lombardo said.
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/31/hbo-thrones-piracy/

Book Spoilers don't click on them if you haven't read Storm of Swords!!!
OMG, I've just read the Red Wedding, I can't fucking believe Arya, Catelyn and Robb died in only two chapters :cry:

Now Where Was I ? wrote:Book Spoilers don't click on them if you haven't read Storm of Swords!!!
OMG, I've just read the Red Wedding, I can't fucking believe Arya, Catelyn and Robb died in only two chapters :cry:
Arya?? What book were you reading? That certainly isn't A Storm of Swords.

BroskiSabor wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:Book Spoilers don't click on them if you haven't read Storm of Swords!!!
OMG, with the way Arya's POV chapter ended, I thought Sandor Clegane had killed her with his axe...I now realize he only knocked her out to prevent her death

Now Where Was I ? wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:
OMG, with the way Arya's POV chapter ended, I thought Sandor Clegane had killed her with his axe...I now realize he only knocked her out to prevent her death
:lol: Ok, that's more understandable.

Dillane's portrayal of Stannis Baratheon is pitch perfect. :clap: