Game of Thrones (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
That completely misses the point of why it plays out the way it does.

-Vader

https://twitter.com/chuckwendig/status/ ... 65056?s=21

I guess they should have changed GRRM’s planned ending for 20 years to cater to the “cultural moment”... a medieval fantasy show. Oh and this guy also said the show hates women.

Still can’t get over how good Emilia has been. Really glad to like hervacting consistently now because she is someone I always thought seemed like a lovely person, plus her brain aneurism stories really made me admire her a ton.

Yet another strike against grown-ass adults "stanning" or investing in a text on a child level rather than, y'know, engaging with the text itself. I'm shocked that people are shocked.

And yes this show is currently (and has had for a while) the vibe of rushed homework but the conflicts were always going to go in this sequence and culminate in Dany vs Jon.

For my money the show should have been cantering in this direction much quicker rather than the sophomoric and tedious religious subplot and whatever other crap they've been doing in the last few seasons because this was kinda going to be the endgame in some shape or form for the longest time

About the grades on RT; and the many critics that ignored all the issues in previous seasons, and suddenly get mad at every detail, am I too cynical to think that maybe it was int their best interest to hype the show before, so many media just have fifteen articles every Monday + podcasts and everything. And now that the show is going to end, and people seem to be looking for videos that hate on the show, the media's motivation have changed?
Funny in the reaction video how so many when the door exploses and the golden company burns are like clapping for all the human people burning "yeah, burn, bitch" and then are "oh, not the horses!". Some people deserved to be pissed. Like the people trying to find Rey's lineage.

Ruth wrote:
May 13th, 2019, 5:35 pm
Vader got it right.

Not really related, but I just remembered this dumb detail and idk
ok so why did Tyrion even rat out Varys for 'treason' if he was gonna go out and commit treason like hours later lmao

did i miss something
Varys wanted to remove Dany. Tyrion still hoped he could find a way to prevent bloodshed despite Dany being in charge. Their treasons were aiming for different goals.

£

ArmandFancypants wrote:
May 14th, 2019, 3:39 am
Yet another strike against grown-ass adults "stanning" or investing in a text on a child level rather than, y'know, engaging with the text itself. I'm shocked that people are shocked.

And yes this show is currently (and has had for a while) the vibe of rushed homework but the conflicts were always going to go in this sequence and culminate in Dany vs Jon.

For my money the show should have been cantering in this direction much quicker rather than the sophomoric and tedious religious subplot and whatever other crap they've been doing in the last few seasons because this was kinda going to be the endgame in some shape or form for the longest time
Completely agree.
I feel like the Cersei plot went on too long as well. All she did this season was sitting high in her tower and scheming a bit. She was already played out once she decided to keep her armies at King's Landing.

Sansa however, proved herself to be a vital player of the game of thrones and I loved that Daenerys realised that when she got betrayed.

I wonder how Sansa and Bran's stories are going to be wrapped up next episode. I feel like there's still something big coming up i.e. a twist.
As for Arya; I much prefer how they handle her this season than in the previous ones. She feels like a person again, instead of this 'I'm so badass I'll get my revenge" we got last season.
Loved the dialogue scene with Sandor. She got over her longing for vengeance against Cersei so she wouldn't end up like Sandor. And following her through the streets of King's Landing was intense. Williams delivered fantastic work. I never cheered for Arya killing people off her list, and I'll never get why so many people did like she was the best character ever. I much prefer this.
If there are any gripes with her arc then it's disapproving Daenerys so quickly at the start of this season (so what that she's not from here lol) and leaving Winterfell like immediately after she said they'd stay together as a family.
edit: a pity we'll probably only seen Last Hearth, Winterfell and King's Landing in the openings credits instead of Pyke or Dragonstone for Last Hearth...

Found it to be one of the better episodes in quite some time, but hey whadda I know

ChristNolan wrote:
May 14th, 2019, 12:14 pm
Found it to be one of the better episodes in quite some time, but hey whadda I know
If the previous episodes (and seasons) had better development, focus and build-up but The Bells was frame-for-frame the same episode, I wager it would be universally loved as one of the best episodes of the show and maybe of all time.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
May 14th, 2019, 12:34 pm
ChristNolan wrote:
May 14th, 2019, 12:14 pm
If the previous episodes (and seasons) had better development, focus and build-up but The Bells was frame-for-frame the same episode, I wager it would be universally loved as one of the best episodes of the show and maybe of all time.

-Vader
People still would have been mad about Dany even with flawless set up imo. Many refused to accept the idea period.

The direction is pretty fantastic though.

Also, has the score been released just when
Daenerys/Drogon is about to attack?
That was tense af

edit:
“The Bells,” which aired this past Sunday, was watched by a record 18.4 million viewers across HBO’s platforms (linear, HBO GO and HBO NOW), exceeding the previous series high of 17.8 million viewers two weeks ago for the episode “The Long Night,” focusing on the Battle of Winterfell. In addition to the series high for the night, the 9:00 p.m. airing reached a time-period high for GAME OF THRONES, with an average of 12.5 million viewers, surpassing the season seven finale of 12.1 million viewers. Season eight of GAME OF THRONES is averaging 43 million viewers per episode in gross audience, an increase of more than ten million viewers when compared to season seven.