Rendezvous with Rama (TBD)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... ium=social
After tackling Frank Herbert’s speculative classic Dune, Denis Villeneuve is set to direct an adaption of another sci-fi story from genre staple Arthur C. Clarke.

Villeneuve will helm Rendezvous with Rama for Alcon Entertainment, which worked with the director on the Hugh Jackman- and Jake Gyllenhaal-starrer Prisoners and Blade Runner: 2049. Along with Alcon co-CEOs Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosov, Morgan Freeman and Lori McCreery will produce via their Revelations Entertainment banner, with Freeman having previously held the rights to the 1973 novel.

The story from Clarke, the writer behind 2001: A Space Odyssey, follows a group of human space explorers that are tasked with intercepting an alien starship that is hurtling through the solar system. It is believed that the missions will lead to mankind’s first contact with alien intelligence.
That's incredible, what a news! I didn't see it coming!

Bring it on Denis, I have complete faith on him, I'm sure he'll deliver something amazing!

Fincher was going to adapt it at the time, and it would have been great to see him on this(I'm still hoping for a David Fincher's science-fiction film one day)

It also reminds me that I have to read the book.

It's remarkable what projects Denis has lined up to his already incredible body of work.
1)Dune part 2
3)Possibly Dune Messiah as the end of the trilogy
4)Cleopatra(which will be his first period film)
5)The Son - HBO miniseries based on a book by Jo Nesbo. Which feels like his return to Prisoners territory.

I hope you guys understand that Dune II will have to make a great deal of money (similar how The Dark Knight made much bigger amount than Batman Begins) for Denis to continue getting those precious blockbuster budgets of his

Lord Shade wrote:
December 16th, 2021, 8:43 am
I hope you guys understand that Dune II will have to make a great deal of money (similar how The Dark Knight made much bigger amount than Batman Begins) for Denis to continue getting those precious blockbuster budgets of his
No kidding, here is hoping Rama has the budget of those sweeded films in Be kind Rewind. Imagine what Denis could do with some cardboard models and hitting the local thrift store...fucking magic! can't wait.

I really need Denis to do his Bond reboot...If Dune Part Two is 2023, then Bond could be 2024 or 2025. Then he can do RWR.

LuciusNightmare wrote:
December 28th, 2021, 6:02 pm
I really need Denis to do his Bond reboot...If Dune Part Two is 2023, then Bond could be 2024 or 2025. Then he can do RWR.
Do you though? I need Denis to make original work, getting skeptical of all these adaptations and franchise projects.