Inherent Vice (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I'd be very surprised if Philip Seymour Hoffman shot a secret cameo for Inherent Vice, even though I know he checked into rehab at the time of filming.

@Above.
Can't find the interviews but PSH even helped out on TWBB during readings and with feedback sort of stuff. And The Master was largely developed with PSH's contribution during the writing stage- hell, the Freddie and Master tackle hug was taken from PTA's and PSH's own relationship.
So it must be a bit crazy for PTA to move on without him. But it seems like he had a great time working on IV so that's nice. He seems happy.

Collaborating with PTA must be very interesting. I really want to see how he works with the cast and crew these days. That's the secret sauce of his success, no doubt. He clearly has a very strong instinct but he also greatly values the contributions of his friends.

A different example- here's Adam Sandler's contribution to There Will Be Blood.
PTA: I have to say in reverse Adam has given me two notes on both those films he’s talking about that I did, that were great . One in particular on There Will Be Blood the whole section where the movie leaps forward in time, Adam says “What about this? It’s a bit of a mess.” And Adam said something: “Why don’t you just get rid of it?” And it took me six months to realize what he was talking about – that you could just get rid of it. I wrestled with this whole thing in my head, and it ran around in my head, why don’t we just get rid of it? And I finally realized at the last minute we can just get rid of it.

Vamos wrote:
Panapaok wrote:Five reasons to straight up worship Paul Thomas Anderson's 'Inherent Vice'
http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/fiv ... erent-vice
The wait for this film to come out is killing me :ninja:

I am thinking to have a go at the novel in preparation for it.
You didn't already? Go for it man, obligatory.

m4st4 wrote:You didn't already? Go for it man, obligatory.
Already on it 8-)

This is in the film, so happy.

That's awesome.

Katherine is intoxicating.