Inherent Vice (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Upon rewatching the trailer, I think it'll beat both Event Horizon and The Darjeeling Limited as Anderson's best film to date!

m4st4 wrote:Upon rewatching the trailer, I think it'll beat both Event Horizon and The Darjeeling Limited as Anderson's best film to date!
:eh: :think:

m4st4 wrote:Upon rewatching the trailer, I think it'll beat both Event Horizon and The Darjeeling Limited as Anderson's best film to date!
Gonna be hard to top The Matrix tho

SquareWatcher wrote:
Didn't PTA say he changed the ending?

That's not the ending though. There's a fair bit after that.
I actually loved the last few pages of the book. I hope he manages to preserve the feeling of those pages.

Wow. This looks superb.

@AwardsCircuit: So Warner Bros embargoed Inherent Vice reviews until 8pm Eastern Time tomorrow when we see it at 10am. Why you ask? Have no idea.
somebody, somewhere wrote: Well The Telegraph review is a 5/5. Robbie Collin logged that he saw Inherent Vice on Letterboxd. He then ranked his films: http://letterboxd.com/robbiereviews/list/inherent-nice/

Inherent Vice ranks fourth and higher than The Master which he gave a 5/5 to also. So good news everyone!

It also ranks his 4th of the year: http://letterboxd.com/robbiereviews/...films-of-2014/

edit: He officially rated it 5/5.
sauce

And so it begins, folks!

david ehrlich ‏@davidehrlich
INHERENT VICE: pta's "The Long Good High" is a sweet & strung-out noir odyssey of loneliness in a capitalist nightmare. low-key nirvana.

Jordan Raup ‏@jpraup
Inherent Vice: PTA pulls off Pynchon. A warm, hazy, funny, sprawling, one-of-a-kind work. #NYFF

Alex Billington ‏@firstshowing
Inherent Vice - Far out, man. Smoke-filled mesmerizing mystery unfurls like Chinatown with lots & lots of pot. Good times. Wait, where am I?

Tony Dayoub ‏@TonyDayoub
As confusing as INHERENT VICE is, it hits that perfect sweet spot that lies between LEBOWSKI and THE LONG GOODBYE. #ThatMeansILovedIt

Nick Newman ‏@Nick_Newman
Sorry to say that Inherent Vice is my least-favorite PTA / #NYFF film. Formally elastic and plenty amusing, but feels weirdly irrelevant.

Aside from Joaquin Phoenix & Josh Brolin, my favorite part of Inherent Vice is its soundtrack. Oh and all the pot. All of it. And the music.

Mike Ryan ‏@mikeryan
It's fun to watch Joaquin Phoenix stumble from situation to situation in INHERENT VICE. It is a little like TOP SECRET!

Mark Harris ‏@MarkHarrisNYC
Inherent Vice is very committed California stoner noir. It will yield some interesting critical writing. This tweet is not an example of it.

Monicabbm wrote:
david ehrlich ‏@davidehrlich
INHERENT VICE: pta's "The Long Good High" is a sweet & strung-out noir odyssey of loneliness in a capitalist nightmare. low-key nirvana.

Jordan Raup ‏@jpraup
Inherent Vice: PTA pulls off Pynchon. A warm, hazy, funny, sprawling, one-of-a-kind work. #NYFF

Inherent Vice - Far out, man. Smoke-filled mesmerizing mystery unfurls like Chinatown with lots & lots of pot. Good times. Wait, where am I?

Tony Dayoub ‏@TonyDayoub
As confusing as INHERENT VICE is, it hits that perfect sweet spot that lies between LEBOWSKI and THE LONG GOODBYE. #ThatMeansILovedIt

Nick Newman ‏@Nick_Newman
Sorry to say that Inherent Vice is my least-favorite PTA / #NYFF film. Formally elastic and plenty amusing, but feels weirdly irrelevant.

Aside from Joaquin Phoenix & Josh Brolin, my favorite part of Inherent Vice is its soundtrack. Oh and all the pot. All of it. And the music.

Mike Ryan ‏@mikeryan
It's fun to watch Joaquin Phoenix stumble from situation to situation in INHERENT VICE. It is a little like TOP SECRET!

Mark Harris ‏@MarkHarrisNYC
Inherent Vice is very committed California stoner noir. It will yield some interesting critical writing. This tweet is not an example of it.
Mmmmmmhm. :D

5 stars from The Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/film ... ement.html

-----------------------

@alisonwillmore: Glad that Joaquin Phoenix came to the INHERENT VICE press conference but refused to talk.

Mike Ryan ‏@mikeryan
This was Joaquin Phoenix the entire press conference. Didn't say one word. It's over now.

:lol:

So excited to see positive reactions! I was so sure that PTA would once more deliver! :twothumbsup: