⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊤⟒⊙ (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
SOLID trailer. I hope I can see this in front of a movie on the big screen.

Not enough Christopher Walken for me

Anyone know what song is 1:50?

It’s unreleased but it is Zimmer. He hinted last year that it might be used in part two or released officially but you never know.

Fuck man that track alone is the best bit of music I've heard relates to these movies, sorry to say lol

I love the trailer.....However, I'm finding it hard to accept the aspect ratio. Why does it look like that? It just doesn't feel as 'cinematic' in some shots. However, there are other shots where it looks so epic that I'm glad the aspect ratio is wider. Do we think that sicne Oppenheimer is also shot in a slighter bigger aspect ratio and even my normal screening of GOTG3 opened up the frame during the certain scenes that we are moving away from the traditional 2:35?

LuciusNightmare wrote:
May 7th, 2023, 10:29 am
I love the trailer.....However, I'm finding it hard to accept the aspect ratio. Why does it look like that? It just doesn't feel as 'cinematic' in some shots. However, there are other shots where it looks so epic that I'm glad the aspect ratio is wider. Do we think that sicne Oppenheimer is also shot in a slighter bigger aspect ratio and even my normal screening of GOTG3 opened up the frame during the certain scenes that we are moving away from the traditional 2:35?

2.35:1 was never "traditional", its just one of the more common anamorphic aspect ratios for super 35mm 4:3 sensors, my guessing for the aspect ratio change is that they are shooting the whole film using Open gate in the Alexa LF, so the whole film is thought for IMAX showings, i for one like the compositions possible with taller aspect ratios, i dont think we are moving away from 2.35:1, but as IMAX has gotten more mainstream we are seeing a boom of these taller aspect ratios, there is still plenty of stuff being shot in 2.35:1 and even wider aspects, specially music videos, its a flowing thing really.