⊃∪∩⪽ ρ⩀⊇⊤ ⊤⟒⊙ (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Tarssauce wrote:
November 7th, 2021, 12:49 pm
Nomis wrote:
November 7th, 2021, 12:27 pm

Where did you read that? I mean it makes sense if the script is really specific in how it has to happen, it had to be very well orchestrated for them to be able to pull it off.
I think he talked about it here:

To be honest, I’m not happy they shot anamorphic on this. It doesn’t make sense to me but they wanted to mix formats. Kinda hoping they shoot the entirety of Dune Part Two 1.43:1 but they want the impact of the shifting ratios.

And I’m not sure about the film out either lol. It doesn’t has the sheen of digital yet it’s not as crisp as 65mm IMAX film. I still think it looked stunning but I’d love to see the before and after of that effect.
I think its more because of the framing and depth tbh. It would be pretty cool to have the whole film in full frame but I think the chances are slim.

As for the film out, I think it was a really interesting move. I also think you'd hardly ever get the same crystal clearness as with 65mm/IMAX tbh. I just don't think they'll ever match it, its different anyway.

But I do wonder what the effect would be to scan the film on 65mm instead of 35mm. The full frame sensor is probably big enough for it anyway. Hell, it's big enough for 65mmIMAX lol

15/70 anamorphic. make it happen greig

how

like print you mean ?

the tech doesnt exist i'm just spitballing

ayo

also, guess that with the July shooting date they will begin pre-production in January, if they haven't already. Part I also had six months (!) pre-production. Guessing casting announcements will roll in then.

Villeneuve on Part Two:
”We are supposed to shoot by the end of the summer. I will say it is mostly designed. The thing that helps us right now is that it’s the first time I’ve revisited a universe. So I’m working with the same crew, everybody knows what to do, we know what it will look like. The movie will be more challenging, but we know where we are stepping. And the screenplay is written. So I feel confident. Frankly, the only big unknown for me right now is the pandemic.”
”When you adapt, you have to make bold choices in order for the things to come to life. And I think that was the best way to introduce this world to a wide audience. Now in the second one, I want to have more flexibility, and it will be possible to go a little bit deeper into some of these details. It’s like a chess game. Some new characters will be introduced in the second part and a decision I made very early on was that this first part would be more about Paul Atreides and the Bene Gesserit, and his experience of being in contact for the first time with a different culture.”
”Second part, there will be much more Harkonnen stuff.”

Ace

Dune Part Two is ramping up its pre-production efforts as sources tell Deadline Florence Pugh is in negotiations to join the cast. While not confirmed, sources say she will play Princess Irulan Corrino, the eldest daughter to Emperor Shaddam Corrino IV.
Hollywood Reporter-
Pugh is being courted to play Princess Irulan, the daughter of the Emperor. Several obstacles remain, however, for any deal. The script is still being written, and thus the actress is said to be waiting for the latest draft. Also, scheduling poses another hurdle. Legendary is hoping to begin shooting this summer, but Pugh is also in contention for the Madonna biopic, and it is unclear when that would go, should she nab that role.

Ace