Tokyo Vice (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
i can't say how i know this, but mann was amazed by elgort's dedication to the role and overall professionalism. i'm sure that's part of it.

for the record, I still think he was really good in Baby Driver.

-Vader

And that must also be the same reason Speilberg cast him in WSS. He can also sing too and he went to La Guardia for high school so he must have been familiar with the material.

Reflecting on his past roles, he's usually pretty well cast in his roles.

Vader182 wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 8:51 pm
i can't say how i know this, but mann was amazed by elgort's dedication to the role and overall professionalism. i'm sure that's part of it.

-Vader
Fair enough, my opinion is not always going to line up with others obviously. I guess just based on his looks I can see the broad appeal he has to some.

personally cant stand him as an actor.

Ace

unfortunate we have to endure elgort to watch watanabe but that's life

Ace wrote:
March 14th, 2022, 12:01 pm
Looks great! Can't wait to see it!

Disney+'s solo2001 wrote:
March 14th, 2022, 4:49 pm
unfortunate we have to endure elgort to watch watanabe but that's life
Not only there are the accusations, but also he's a very boring actor, imo.

What do these high profile directors even see in him? Is he killing it in auditions and then under-delivering in front of the camera? How is he tricking them exactly?

Because every time it's a complete nothing package. No charisma, no acting, no chemistry. Not coming off as smart, not likeable, not passionate. Just sheer mediocrity incarnate.

Vader182 wrote:
June 20th, 2020, 8:51 pm

-Vader
HAha, good one bro. You and the Mann tight as hommies? You got the access?

For the record, Baby Driver SUCKS...and apparently is littered with rapists...come on, how many times we can remake Le Samourai with Cars??? BD is without a doubt the weakest of these movies. The Hill and Refn are vastly superior, but Wrights does seem to embody the typical film twitter/ film critic type. We like his movies, because he likes are posts on twitter!