Marriage Story (2019)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ikr? That release window is a bit longer than Roma got.

Will this and the Irishman play in any theaters of the flyover states for us rubes or is it strictly the NY and LA crowd?

Debuts with 97 on metacritic

2am post this and Ad Astra double bill thoughts, This is gonna fucking sweep. Just give ScarJo that Oscar now tbh. And Driver too. Dern in full Harvey Specter mode is (DiCaprio omg gif), but anyway a real emotional rollercoaster, subtle enough and yet the performances really go for it without being overly baits/showy. Just fantastically executed stuff. :clap:

Damn anton I'm jelly. Glad you enjoyed both movies! Sounds like a fun day!

antovolk wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 7:58 pm
2am post this and Ad Astra double bill thoughts, This is gonna fucking sweep. Just give ScarJo that Oscar now tbh. And Driver too. Dern in full Harvey Specter mode is (DiCaprio omg gif), but anyway a real emotional rollercoaster, subtle enough and yet the performances really go for it without being overly baits/showy. Just fantastically executed stuff. :clap:
Have you liked Baumbach's other works? How's Ray Liotta, none of the reviews are really mentioned him to much? Sounds great can't wait for this one.

radewart wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 8:54 pm
antovolk wrote:
August 29th, 2019, 7:58 pm

Have you liked Baumbach's other works? How's Ray Liotta, none of the reviews are really mentioned him to much? Sounds great can't wait for this one.

Watched Meyerowitz for the first time the other day and really really liked that. That one is a lot more low key of course, and more of a comedy...

Liotta is a total prick in this and not in it for much so...

This is fucking fantastic. By far my favorite Baumbach.

Both leads are great (Dern deserves a mention too), but Driver especially. Like seriously, he acts his ass off in this.

It's touching, funny, and absolutely enthralling. Oh yeah, and this is my favorite film of the year so far. Can't wait for Joker and Ford v Ferrari tomorrow, but this set a high bar for my TIFF 2019 experience.