Thor: Love & Thunder (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
DHOPW42 wrote:
April 18th, 2022, 2:28 pm
Christian Bale is the only reason I'm interested in this, and I'm disappointed that he's nowhere to be seen in this trailer.
Agreed.
A Borges man wrote:
April 18th, 2022, 3:08 pm
The CGI in this trailer is terribbblllleeee, it must not be finished right?
My thought as well.

Mmmm so Thor: Love and Thunder World Tour. This reminded me of Shrek Forever After for whatever reason :P

underwhelming footage and poster

Besides the colors nothing in this trailer really impressed me at all

A Borges man wrote:
The CGI in this trailer is terribbblllleeee, it must not be finished right? Like they obviously just threw this thing together from what footage that was mostly finished? I

T looks fine, I'm a huge fan of the Jason Aaron comics run, but considering I was a huge fan of Walt Simonson's run on Thor, and all the iconic moments from his comics were pillaged for Ragnorok, and stripped of any meaning and importance, I'm not hopeful, can't get excited.
I think it looks neat, as for the rest...it's funny 'cause I never read a Thor comic in my life so that stuff didn't mean anything to me and I just enjoyed the movie as its on thing and on its own merits. Silliness works best for Thor in movies 'cause I can't take any of that stuff seriously otherwise, mainly because Disney/Marvel don't have what it takes to make that kind of film. Play that sh*t straight and you get Thor: The Dark World, aka the worst movie in the MCU and that's saying something.

Batfan175 wrote:
April 19th, 2022, 4:27 pm
A Borges man wrote:
The CGI in this trailer is terribbblllleeee, it must not be finished right? Like they obviously just threw this thing together from what footage that was mostly finished? I

T looks fine, I'm a huge fan of the Jason Aaron comics run, but considering I was a huge fan of Walt Simonson's run on Thor, and all the iconic moments from his comics were pillaged for Ragnorok, and stripped of any meaning and importance, I'm not hopeful, can't get excited.
I think it looks neat, as for the rest...it's funny 'cause I never read a Thor comic in my life so that stuff didn't mean anything to me and I just enjoyed the movie as its on thing and on its own merits. Silliness works best for Thor in movies 'cause I can't take any of that stuff seriously otherwise, mainly because Disney/Marvel don't have what it takes to make that kind of film. Play that sh*t straight and you get Thor: The Dark World, aka the worst movie in the MCU and that's saying something.
That's cool. I don't think I criticized the tone of these movies...just that they are zombified products. They feast on comics I love, and then shamble around with no meat on their bone, falling apart.

I've learned not to give a shit about these movies, or the fact that I don't care for them, already regretting even posting on this thread.

so the trailer is on my timeline and it auto plays for like 3 seconds and I just lost the interest, let alone clicking to properly watch it

DHOPW42 wrote:
April 18th, 2022, 2:28 pm
Christian Bale is the only reason I'm interested in this, and I'm disappointed that he's nowhere to be seen in this trailer.
Here, have some Bale. lol

Ace
Another look -

Ace wrote:
April 20th, 2022, 9:01 am
Another look -
Looks fine to me.

Danny DeVito's Penguin is different from the original character, not just in design but he has a different backstory too but that never bothered me.

Fanboys get hung up on this kind of stuff too much. In 10 years they'll have 20 different versions of the characters anyway lol.