Thor: Love & Thunder (2022)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
July 20th, 2019, 9:53 pm
Portman is horrible in these movies. And pretty bad in blockbusters in general. Yikes. Also, will be hard to take her seriously as THOR. She’s so tiny.
Jason Aaron is life, as is Taika Waititi. Can’t wait for the meltdowns (probably already happening in Trump USA), but Natalie will be great, you can quote me later on. ;)

So they actually set this up with Endgame by allowing Captain America to wield Mjolnir. In that case, there are actually three Thors: Actual Thor, Female Thor, and American Thor. I wonder if they'll try to make an Iron Woman too. At what point does it become too much? They are reducing the uniquity of each character if they continually replace them as time goes on. As you can see, they are also doing it with Captain America.
Last edited by Geoffrey on July 21st, 2019, 3:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

worse title

Wait, are you guys reacting to the idea of a female Thor, Natalie being her... or both?

I was referring to Portman being her.

Happy for Portman

She's going to own it

i guess i'm a sexist pig because i don't think she should be called thor

you know, just like ruth shouldn't be called master virgo or nomis shouldn't be called red ninja after getting mod powers.

Geoffrey wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 1:13 am
So they actually set this up with Endgame by allowing Captain America to wield Mjolnir. In that case, there are actually three Thors: Actual Thor, Female Thor, and American Thor. I wonder if they'll try to make an Iron Woman too. At what point does it become too much? They are reducing the uniquity of each character if they continually replace them as time goes on. As you can see, they are also doing it with Captain America.
:lol:

Anyway, would have preferred Thompson, but I take this.

Geoffrey wrote:
July 21st, 2019, 1:13 am
Uhm... what the hell?

‘Iron Woman’, as you call her, already exists, her name is Riri, she’s a teenager and goes under different name.

As you cannot see, but as a reminder to perhaps do some research, all of these things already exist in comic books and are practicslly old news brought to the big screen under different wrap. And before judging any of the decisions I guess it’s better to just... read, things? Some of them are even Eisner awarded.