The Matrix: Resurrections (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Master Virgo wrote:
December 17th, 2021, 5:08 am
Lana fuck me up
or fuck me
idc

This is so much fun. Lana I love You.

i want to like it so bad, and as much as it really is a better trailer, im still not hyped, some of the action and imagery looks cool, but the cgi feels cheap,the characteristic green and dirty 90`s look is gone and the shots cutting back the the original movies just reinforce the feeling i had when this movie was announced, that its a cash grab in the name of nostalgia, like at least the trailer is going "uhh remember this scene?? and this scene ?? wherent those soo cool?, shouldnt we make them again?, i also really dislike how Keanu literally is John Wick in this one, same long hair and beard, honestly do we want Keanu playing the same character everywhere ? i know he doesnt have any range but i like the guy and i do think those two characters are different enough and should be treated as such, maybe i just have a stick up my arse though

Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 21st, 2021, 3:37 pm
i want to like it so bad, and as much as it really is a better trailer, im still not hyped, some of the action and imagery looks cool, but the cgi feels cheap,the characteristic green and dirty 90`s look is gone and the shots cutting back the the original movies just reinforce the feeling i had when this movie was announced, that its a cash grab in the name of nostalgia, like at least the trailer is going "uhh remember this scene?? and this scene ?? wherent those soo cool?, shouldnt we make them again?, i also really dislike how Keanu literally is John Wick in this one, same long hair and beard, honestly do we want Keanu playing the same character everywhere ? i know he doesnt have any range but i like the guy and i do think those two characters are different enough and should be treated as such, maybe i just have a stick up my arse though
Did you see the movie or are you just judging by the trailer?

natalie wrote:
December 21st, 2021, 4:16 pm
Nicolaslabra wrote:
December 21st, 2021, 3:37 pm
Did you see the movie or are you just judging by the trailer?
oh no no im talking about the trailer, i should have been clearer about that im sorry, im totally hoping to get absolutely shown and that Lana makes me eat my words, but thats what i get from the trailers and images etc etc .

This was very "meta". It felt more like the first instalment of a new trilogy rather than an individual film, and I am hyped.

Watching this one, do you have to be familiar with the events of the last film?

Let’s get the obvious out of the way: the action and fight editing - especially in the first half - was inferior to the previous three. Okay I liked the rest of the movie and think Bugs was a good new character. I didn’t mind the Wes Craven New Nightmare vibe early on as was said they gotta
‘eff with your mind’
to be memorable again like in the 1990s. I don’t feel they sustained that New Nightmare-ness to an amazing level of sustainment which they could have but I’ll just settle for the best story/written Matrix sequel overall.

I honestly have no idea what people actually want and expect out of a Matrix movie besides 'gee whiz best special effects action'. My expectations for this movie were already low given how baffling banal and lame lore dumps the last two were outside of the long but well-shot action scenes. That's part of the reason why I'm not disappointed with the new one, it took a different tack with some success and some failure.

So far it's on my Top 10 of 2021 but will probably fall off in time as I see more of this years releases - it would be a thumb up if the action/editing was on par with the previous. I was down on the previous two sequels but this was passable for me.

Went in with no expectations at all and I was blown away. Absolutely loved it. Biggest highlight for me was Jessica Henwick as Bugs. Loved the character so freaking much.

Lana Wachowski rises!

Loved the last 25% of movie.

The night chase scene is cinematic delight. It was filmed at location and it shows.