Contagion (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
George wrote:
talli wrote:Rama's screen gave it a 2/5

basically my impression of this film is that its a bunch of scientific exposition told by actor's who should be choosing better roles
I give it a 9/10 - the best film I've seen this year. And there are many great performances by great actors. Reminded me a lot of The Social Network. A lot of it is understated and talky, but it works so damn well.
Really? Hm. I respect your opinion more than most of the people on this forum, so you may have just pushed me to go see it.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote: Really? Hm. I respect your opinion more than most of the people on this forum, so you may have just pushed me to go see it.

-Vader
Do you respect my opinion?

Vader182 wrote:
George wrote:
I give it a 9/10 - the best film I've seen this year. And there are many great performances by great actors. Reminded me a lot of The Social Network. A lot of it is understated and talky, but it works so damn well.
Really? Hm. I respect your opinion more than most of the people on this forum, so you may have just pushed me to go see it.

-Vader

Here are my slightly expanded thoughts: http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... 40#p234984

In a way I feel like my thoughts are somewhat in the minority on a few things. Many are calling Contagion chilly and sterile, but I found it emotional without being sentimental. Many find the characters to be somewhat broad exposition machines, but I found them to be purposeful and specific beyond just their function to the virus.

Anyway, hopefully my recommendation doesn't disappoint. Curious to hear what you think :-D

allstarr55js wrote:
Vader182 wrote: Really? Hm. I respect your opinion more than most of the people on this forum, so you may have just pushed me to go see it.

-Vader
Truthfully- I don't. That's not to say I disrespect it, which certainly isn't the case. I would say I value your thoughts on film greater than a large if not great portion of the site.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
allstarr55js wrote:
Truthfully- I don't. That's not to say I disrespect it, which certainly isn't the case. I would say I value your thoughts on film greater than a large if not great portion of the site.

-Vader

do you respect my spoiler skills?

Going to see this on Friday after work along with Drive. Making it another double feature Friday.

Meant to be posted earlier, but my thoughts on movie is that is starts a bit too slow, gets better in the middle, and then the last third is a little drop in my enjoyment. The main characters seemed really unemotional considering what was going on. From the middle to the end I at least was interested in what was going on...perhaps ironically more than the characters themselves. Liked Kate Winslet a lot, and Cotillard next. I've seen/heard some reviewers complaining about Jude Law's character but I got a kick out of him. I give it a 7 out of 10 for a one time viewing, but I get the feeling if I see it again I'd score it lower so I'll just leave it at that. :judge:

Blu ray January 3rd.