Euphoria (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I love this show. Finale was fantastic. At times it struggles with narrative but the production value more than makes up for it. Zendaya is great as well. Even Dicaprio said this is amazing. haha

I told a zoomer that I thought this show was trashy and they said "you must like some queen Elizabeth shit or something."

I mean, I did enjoy The Crown?

lolll

The finale was very underwhelming
but the mom's letter was great and very cathartic. I felt my stone cold heart soften a little.
And thus concludes my hate watch for the summer. Now to resume watching my Queen Elizabeth Shit.

crown s3 WYA

^taking forever...

just finished this

it's just so all over the place

the characters

the overall narrative

just everything

The cast is mostly great. Sydney Sweeney's performance was one of the best imo. She was amazing in Sharp Objects and she further showed her range with this.

I really felt for Sweeney and Alexa Demie's characters. And the actresses are so good too.

Everyone else I just more or less didn't care for much. A lot of them were kind of boring or just flat out annoying
like when Kat stops talking to that dude at the carnival. Teenagers are so fucking stupid :lol:
The actress who plays Jules has charisma and I like her screen presence. I just wish her character was better. Right now her character comes across as a manic pixie dream girl.

Those scenes of Sweeney and Alexa together were very entertaining and they really could level with each other, when you look at the characters they're playing.

It was very difficult to have some sympathy for Nate's arc tbh. Shafer's character should've been more sympathetic at the end tbh.

It's just so weird that sometimes, you just completely forget some characters actually have arcs this season. Like you said, there are too many montages instead of lengthy dialogue scenes or anything. They're there, but they're sparse. Characters are introduced but only serve as a vessel for another or just are not interesting enough and the show discards them, know what I mean?

Yeah I know what you mean.

I also feel like you could take out a couple characters completely and it wouldn't affect other characters at all.

Like we're introduced to so many characters but their stories and journeys don't tie into other characters that much.
Like it's established that Jules and Kat became friends in summer school. Okay cool. But then after that we barely see any scenes of them together further developing that friendship.