The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (TV)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Bacon wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 7:42 pm

Third MCU show on Disney+. Anyone else think this is overkill? There's a reason people got burnt out on Netflix's shows. Are Agents of Shield/Agent Carter even still a thing?
I think the Netflix shows would have been a lot better received if they were actually good.

anikom15 wrote:
February 8th, 2021, 6:03 pm
Bacon wrote:
April 11th, 2019, 7:42 pm

Third MCU show on Disney+. Anyone else think this is overkill? There's a reason people got burnt out on Netflix's shows. Are Agents of Shield/Agent Carter even still a thing?
I think the Netflix shows would have been a lot better received if they were actually good.
Daredevil and Jessica Jones were both excellent.

Quite enjoyed the first episode.
+: developping characters and showing their daily life
+: nice to hear familiar musical themes
+: first scene with the winter soldier is great action
+: interested to learn more about the villain, from the few things we learnt about his group of protest, there is potential for a good villain.
+: senator, president... MCU throwing some punches: hope it's not just for kicks and that there is a bigger thematic about America

-: the opening action scene was a bit too long (always a new helicopter...)
-: didn't like how the second half of the scene with the shrink was shot, I know we complained there wasn't enough personality in how MCU films are shot, but doesn't mean we didn't like seeing the faces of the actors...

I like rhat it's showing the "real world" ramifications of the snap and I hope it will be in more of the story and parallel our sociopolitical climate with that. I also loved the flashback scene with WS. And the cliffhanger at the end was a surprise, I didn't expect them going that way already in the first episode.

Unfortunately I have yet started to care about anything else and that includes our two protagonists. Especially Sam whom I never found that interesting but that may work in the shows favor as it seems Sam also thinks that way so maybe as he learns to value himself more, I'll learn it too.

LelekPL wrote:
March 21st, 2021, 6:56 pm
Batfan175 wrote:
March 20th, 2021, 5:43 pm
Here's a review I found interesting:

https://decider.com/2021/03/19/the-falc ... e-1-recap/
Not that interesting coming from a guy who hasn't seen most of MCU movies and now tries to review a show that is 24 productions in 😜
Yeah but the guy knows Marvel comics and has even written one himself so he understands those characters well enough.

"The Flacon"??

Ivan wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 10:30 am
"The Flacon"??
And the Summer Solider!

Episode 2 was exactly the lame dude bro show that I was expecting this would be, before seeing episode 1.

So disappointing.