2019-2020 Awards Season

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Boy, they really love Joker. I don't really get it, but to each their own.

Pleasantly surprised to see Margot Robbie get nominated for Once Upon a Time in Hollywood along with the expected nod for Bombshell. I'm guessing the Oscars will go for the latter when their nominations are revealed.

I am sure Robbie getting two supporting nominations over, say, Shuzhen Zhao, makes things look particularly bad.

Still, I don't think choices should be curated outside of merit, but it reflects both bias within the voting base and the limits of the demographics in question.

Hopefully the 13th will be better.

-Vader

God I wish Margot would get nominated for Hollywood over Bombshell...won’t happen though.

Jlo and Awkwafina not getting nominated is dropping that ball certainly. Would have liked to see Song take the 5th supporting actor slot as well. Award shows are particularly horrible when it comes to nominating Asian actors. I’m sure there are others.

radewart wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 4:37 am
BAFTA's are out and they love that "Joker". Lead all nominations with 11.

https://www.nme.com/news/film/bafta-202 ... od-2593701

Acting nominees were also all white, no JLo, Antonio, or lupita nyong'o. People are gonna be mad
not to take away from your general sentiment, but antonio banderas is white lol

also, i am likely #1 fangirl of margot robbie on this website, but her getting 2 noms within👏the👏same👏category👏 is a huge WTF

i’d get it if it was separate categories and both of the performances were truly showstopping (haven’t yet seen bombshell) but there was no way they couldn’t have given one of the noms to, let’s say, lopez..?? even if to make the category feel more varied?

Robbie getting two nominations in the same category lmao lollllllllllll wtf

Should've been Zhao

#BaftaSoBlonde

I really hope Zhao Shuzhen and Song Kang-ho have a shot at Best Supporting Actress/Actor

I think Awkwafina getting a nomination for Best Leading Actress is a given

Is there still a chance of Dafoe getting a nom for The Lighthouse? Otherwise I think Pitt will win.

Nomis wrote:
January 7th, 2020, 11:56 am
I really hope Zhao Shuzhen and Song Kang-ho have a shot at Best Supporting Actress/Actor

I think Awkwafina getting a nomination for Best Leading Actress is a given

Is there still a chance of Dafoe getting a nom for The Lighthouse? Otherwise I think Pitt will win.
I think Pitt is winning no matter what, but it would be great to see Dafoe be a surprise nominee on the morning the Oscar nominations are announced.

Producers Guild of America nominations just came out:
The Darryl F. Zanuck Award for Outstanding Producer of Theatrical Motion Pictures

Producers: Sam Mendes, Pippa Harris, Jayne‐Ann Tenggren, Callum McDougall

Ford v Ferrari
Producers: Peter Chernin & Jenno Topping, James Mangold

The Irishman
Producers: Jane Rosenthal & Robert De Niro, Emma Tillinger Koskoff & Martin Scorsese

Jojo Rabbit
Producers: Carthew Neal, Taika Waititi

Joker
Producers: Todd Phillips & Bradley Cooper, Emma Tillinger Koskoff

Knives Out
Producers: Rian Johnson, Ram Bergman

Little Women
Producer: Amy Pascal

Marriage Story
Producers: Noah Baumbach, David Heyman

Once Upon a Time in… Hollywood
Producers: David Heyman, Shannon McIntosh, Quentin Tarantino

Parasite
Producers: Kwak Sin Ae, Bong Joon Ho
The Directors Guild of America nominations will also be out in a couple of hours.