Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Hans Zimmer. Both Sherlock Holmes and the Inception soundtrack are two of my favorites.

Hans. I just love everything he does. He's really got the dramatic superhero sound down too.

Thomas Newman

What about to bring John Williams back? ;)

I second Thomas Newman.

Thomas Newman. I can't believe he hasn't won a Oscar to date.

natalie wrote:What about to bring John Williams back? ;)
I was very tempted to go this way too, but if they want a fresh new take on Superman, that would also mean a different composer for the movie. Leave all the old stuff in the past, sadly John Williams included.

I say we see a dark take on the Superman series and that Clint Mansell gives it a crazy score....think about his The Fountain score...shit was intense...maybe not right for superman, but could be if the story was dark enough

PoRTaLFieLD wrote:I say we see a dark take on the Superman series and that Clint Mansell gives it a crazy score....think about his The Fountain score...shit was intense...maybe not right for superman, but could be if the story was dark enough
Dark Superman would suck.

PoRTaLFieLD wrote:I say we see a dark take on the Superman series and that Clint Mansell gives it a crazy score....think about his The Fountain score...crap was intense...maybe not right for superman, but could be if the story was dark enough
Superman's not a dark character. In his truest form he's supposed to stand for something human beings could aspire to be. Obviously not attaining his powers, but rather the honorable character of the guy.