Mission: Impossible — Dead Reckoning Part One (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Vader182 wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 2:20 am
dude's a piece of shit but still directed a movie commonly thought of as one of the greatest crime movies of all time and helped launch the current era of superhero movies along with Raimi while directing one of the best superhero movies ever (X2).

-Vader
That is true. Baffling Armand somehow forgot to mention Spielberg though lol.

I got Kurtzman though so it evens out.

Spielberg like Kosinski doesn't quite meet my notability criteria but good of you to mention him

Oku
So I guess this means that Edge of Tomorrow 2 isn't happening??

If so, super bummed...

Oku wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 3:17 am
So I guess this means that Edge of Tomorrow 2 isn't happening??

If so, super bummed...
Edge of 2morrow. :wtf:

I didn't expect two more films, but I can expect it if they're shot back-to-back.

I also imagine McQuarrie is going to be in a Daniel Craig-like state after filming two more of these by wanting to gouge his eyes out or whatever the saying was. McQ is doing tireless work making sure that his films don't ever feel like each other from one to the other.

Can't wait to see what they cook up next, and I don't just mean in the stunts department. Since 3, these have been legitimately fantastic spy-action flicks.

Yeah, Lane is the interesting villain that I like to see more of. Not the case with Walker.£

ArmandFancypants wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 3:02 am
Spielberg like Kosinski doesn't quite meet my notability criteria but good of you to mention him
Wait, what? :P

LelekPL wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 4:25 am
ArmandFancypants wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 3:02 am
Wait, what? :P
lost a lot of goodwill with bfg
Master Virgo wrote:
January 15th, 2019, 4:11 am
Yeah, Lane is the interesting villain that I like to see more of. Not the case with Walker.£
Agreed, although Walker got probably the funniest line of the series:
"Why did you have to make this so fucking complicated?!"
I don't know how interesting Lane is per se but Harris is an amusingly entertaining off-kilter performer.

imo the whole point is that M:I villains are only as interesting as the obstacles they throw in front of Ethan

in that sense both are great, although not having a scene where walker physically overpowers ethan was a missed opportunity imo

-Vader

I don't know if it's more Cavill's fault or how he has been written, but
he never comes across as someone who could have possibly masterminded anything or have some ideas about changing the world. He works better as the douchey henchman type.

I would have much preferred, if he wouldn't have turned out to be Lane's accomplice and his conflict with Hunt would have turned out to be something different like, in fact being sent to hunt him down during the second half.

Kind of would have prevented Walker to feel like a less brainy less charming version of what we already had in Lane.
£

holy shit! YES!