The Movie Stills Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

post your fav movie stills

I post and someone guesses what movie its from and then so on and so forth, maybe it will help some people find movies they wouldn't regularly watch, etc

"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

MrG

just curious, is it 1 per post?
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

I don't get what the point of this thread is? Spam to increase your post count or something?

T-Rex rules this thread.

chee wrote:I don't get what the point of this thread is? Spam to increase your post count or something?
Well, any great movie needs to have memorable images. A movie still is a great way to convey the general mood of a film. Also it's a nice way to examine the quality of a film: direction, mise-en-scène, cinematography, acting, etc. That's why films by Paul Greengrass might be great entertainment, but once you've examined the movie stills, you can't help but wonder: why does this look so ugly?

It's like photography, but fictional.

Here's one great movie still from Chinatown (1974)(among many others)

Just perfectly captures the cynical mood set by Polanski and brilliantly acted by Jack Nicholson.

im sorry i had to: