Death on the Nile (2021)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
I am so hyped for this. I love the cast.

JENNIFER SAUNDERS? I mean I only know her because of the Graham Norton show but she’s funny so I stan.

Loved MOTOE so I’m in.

Ace

Emma Mackey's reign is just beginning!

I've seen two adaptations of this story: one starring Peter Ustinov and one starring David Suchet. I think this does so far not look as good as either one of those and one of them was made for tv.
Maybe the stupid trailer song is to blame for this bad first impression or the fact that Branagh gives us that terrible stereotypical accent maybe?

Batfan175 wrote:
August 22nd, 2020, 3:53 pm
I've seen two adaptations of this story: one starring Peter Ustinov and one starring David Suchet. I think this does so far not look as good as either one of those and one of them was made for tv.
Maybe the stupid trailer song is to blame for this bad first impression or the fact that Branagh gives us that terrible stereotypical accent maybe?
Trailer pushed me to rewatch Suchet's. Whilst I enjoy it, I don't think it's one of the best adaptations amongst the Suchet's. There is much room for improvement. The first act is quite well handled. But the investigation doesn't buildvarious character's motives and alibi enough. The moment I love most in a whodunnit is when it feels everybody had a reason to commit the crime and nobody could possibly have committed it. Which I think is reached much better in Suchet's Evil under the sun for example. Yet there is place to build it in Death on the nile because not many viewers would be able to guess the way the crime was committed.
Also, at some point, out of the 12-15 people on the boat,
3 have been killed, and one shot through the leg, so there is room for a horror atmosphere, when in BBC's version, characters just continue their daily routine.
My main fear is that in Orient-Express, Branagh didn't develop much
the 12 characters,except to showcase their link with the Armstrong. Death on the Nile requires great writing and acting for Simon and Jacqueline's character.

Ace wrote:
August 19th, 2020, 8:58 am

This looks fun :gonf:

Man, French & Saunders sketches have big budgets these days

New release date: September 17, 2021.

Who can change the title of this thread?