2018-2019 Awards Season

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Oku
Mr. (Steve) Jobs at Apple used to do the same thing (send random emails to journalists in the middle of the night to argue with them).

It's less about making a "power move" or being "misogynist", and more to do with a creator who has poured his/her heart and soul into something wanting to defend it from what he/she sees as overblown criticism.

Did she try to refute any of his points before reaching for the public soapbox option? :)

happy for Ali, but the trailer for Green Book always made it look like a film from about 15 years ago

feels like another white guilt film tbh

I suspect they just saw Octavia Spencer is an exec for the film and went, OK this is where all our votes should go to by default.£

I wonder when Spielberg said "A vote for Green Book is a vote for cinema" what he really meant was that, don't vote for Roma, don't let TV or streaming services win.£

Master Virgo wrote:
February 28th, 2019, 6:58 am
I wonder when Spielberg said "A vote for Green Book is a vote for cinema" what he really meant was that, don't vote for Roma, don't let TV or streaming services win.£
Which would be dumb since Roma still got a theatrical release and is a million times more cinematic.

People are still complaining about Green Book winning?