E3 2018: Official Hype Thread

A place to discuss music and video games.
BC= Backwards Compatible.

The fact that they didn't even reveal the full title is laughable. Nobody should give creds to Bethesda for that press conference, because they shouldn't even have had one this year.

Fuck Beth for multiplayer Fallout game.

Sure it can be played as a single player, but then you'd be at a disadvantage for doing so.

And fuck settlements. This isn't Farmville: Apocalypse. :evil:

Sanchez wrote:
June 11th, 2018, 9:45 am
The fact that they didn't even reveal the full title is laughable. Nobody should give creds to Bethesda for that press conference, because they shouldn't even have had one this year.
Agreed. Todd Howard was hyping the conference for days and he even stopped by MS beforehand, he was so full of himself and yet delivered bunch of in progress snippets. We’re talking years here.

Let’s see if Squeenix has the balls to pull such thing. And if they remember this little game called FFVII:RE.

Ugh. Not to sound like one of “those” people but this isn’t what Fallout is supposed to be like, is it?

What’s the general consensus on settlements? I thought it was one of the lesser liked additions (though I might be mistaken).

Ruth wrote:
June 11th, 2018, 10:25 am
Ugh. Not to sound like one of “those” people but this isn’t what Fallout is supposed to be like, is it?

What’s the general consensus on settlements? I thought it was one of the lesser liked additions (though I might be mistaken).
It’s supposed to be this but with stopped time and RPG attacks? I think. Last one I played was F3.

I prefer this approach though, real time. Destiny with less oomph to weapon feel and probably worse net code. I don’t see this thing working Day 1 (sorry Bethesda fans), even though I really want it to work, digging the footage.

The alternative probably wouldn't have been a proper Fallout game anyways, since they haven't released two full-sized RPG's of the same franchise (TES or Fallout) after one another in like 15 years.

Personally I've never liked any of the survival games I've played, but if it's one company I can trust to do it right for me, it's them. Obviously I would have liked a proper RPG game like they usually do more, but I'm not totally writing off this game quite yet.

What I'm pissed off about is that they didn't announce what type of game it was earlier. I feel kind of cheated.

I'm not concerned about the multiplayer aspects or settlements, but rather the lack of any story, quests or dialogue in the E3 presentation. Without them it's just a multiplayer survival loot shooter, but neither an RPG nor a proper Fallout. But with good story, quests and dialogue, it could be really great.